Does apple make you put down a down payment?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by metzy25, Dec 16, 2011.

1. metzy25 macrumors 6502a

metzy25

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

I'm looking too start a plan on Verizon, but I don't have a credit score yet I'm only 18. Will they make me out down a ridiculous down payment?

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Apple doesnt make you do nothing like that.
    Its a matter of the carrier and in this case Verizon.
    If you dont have have good or enough credit they might make you put down a deposit or get a cosigner in order to get service with them.
    Noone here will know exactly what, how much and if cause it will vary per individual. You will have to contact Verizon to find out for sure.

3. Irock619 macrumors 68000

Irock619

Why don't you ask Verizon? They would know for sure.

4. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

Do you have a job? Checking account? Debit card?

It's going to be hard for us to answer this question, because we don't know your specific situation, but if you have terrible/no credit, all of the iPhone carriers in the US will require a deposit.

5. thatoneguy82 macrumors 68000

thatoneguy82

Usually if you don't have sufficient credit, the carrier, not Apple will ask for a temporary deposit of about $300. After you've made sufficient payments or established good credit, the $300 will be returned to you. Think of it like a security deposit for an apartment. It's temporary, you should be getting it back. I've had a couple friends who had gone through this with Verizon.