does apple or carriers ship pre-order iphones early?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Ceviche Lover, Sep 8, 2012.

1. Ceviche Lover macrumors regular

im trying to decide where to order my iphone from and wanted to know if either apple or the carriers have a history of shipping early? i read a couple of users here recieved thier iphones 2 days earlier then the release date

2. cyks macrumors 68020

cyks

Apple.
    Preorder as soon as you're able to and there's a decent chance you'll get it before those waiting on line at the local Apple Store.

3. Cougarcat macrumors 604

I'm pretty sure Apple tells FedEx to hold packages til release date, but some get delivered early by mistake. Not sure if the carriers do that as well.

4. mofunk macrumors 68000

mofunk

So you've answered your question. Yes.

Its not guaranteed but in the past launches users have gotten their iPhones days before the release date. But on the other hand, people have simply gone to the Apple store on the release day and walked out with one. After the 1st and 2nd iPhone release, it seems that they were more available on the release date.

5. drewsof07 macrumors 68000

drewsof07

I received my AT&T iPhone 4 the day before launch two years ago :) From what I read here and elsewhere, there were a few similar cases but most arrived on launch day.

6. TC25 macrumors 68020

Since you answered your own question perhaps you can answer my question. Why did you start this thread?

7. Ceviche Lover thread starter macrumors regular

Because I felt like it.