Does apple plan to correct the bend problem on Iphone 6 plus?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by BrioBriss, Oct 5, 2014.

1. BrioBriss macrumors regular

I'm pretty much interested in buying an Iphone 6+ but I'm pretty disapointed about the bend flaw the phone have. I actually cancelled my order when I saw that huge problem. I was curious to know if any of you know if Apple spoke about correcting that problem in the next batch they'll put out of factory?

2. rmhop81 macrumors 68020

rmhop81

It's not something that occurs easily, so don't believe all the rumors. Try to bend it, of course it's gonna bend lol

3. BrioBriss thread starter macrumors regular

Well since I'll put it in my front pocket and wear kind of tight pants, I'm a bit scared it'll bend actually.

4. 1080p macrumors 68020

1080p

5. AppleP59 macrumors 6502

What bend flaw?
    There isn't any problem to fix. Everything bends/breaks given enough force.
    Watch this:

Or see:
    http://www.macrumors.com/2014/09/26/consumer-reports-iphone6-bend-test/

6. willemvzyl macrumors newbie

The whole bending thing was apparently overblown, Consumer Reports found the phone to be no more bendable than other smartphones I believe?

7. Max(IT) Suspended

Max(IT)

No they won't because their isn't any bend problem on the iPhone 6+

Did you really cancel your order for that idiotic videos on YouTube? I'm better stop replying because I could be banned, lol....

8. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

Probably about the same time Apple fixes the "bend" flaw in the iPhone 5 and 5s.

Oh you didn't hear about that? Yeah, reported problem here about two years BEFORE the iPhone 6. Turned out to be a bunch of people who ended up bending their damn phones because they couldn't pull them out of their pockets when sitting. Bending happens when you sit on your phone.

Non issue with the iPhone 5 and 5s. Non issue with the 6/6+ that's blown up all to hell because people have lost their minds.

9. Max(IT) Suspended

Max(IT)

If you rely so much in YouTube, I'd suggest you to find a video that prove you can bend an iPhone just by putting in your front pocket without sitting on it.
    You'll find none...

10. Bobo03 macrumors regular

Might need to say that louder, my iphone 1, 3g, 4; BB 9900, q10, z10; Galaxy S3, Note 3; Lumia 920, and 1020 didn't hear you nor get this memo.

I even think I'm leaving a couple out......

11. mercuryjones macrumors 6502a

If you cancelled your order, I feel bad for you son. I got 99 problems, but bending ain't one. - iPhone 6 Plus Z

12. sinsin07 macrumors 68030

Get real

Imagine the fallout if it was found out that Apple made adjustments to future batches of 6+ phones.

Stock would take a severe hit
    Consumer confidence in Apple would take an even more severe hit
    Apple would become even a greater laughing stock than it already is with Google, Samsung and the other manufacturers

Not gonna happen.

If you so worried do us and every iPhone 6+ lovin' owners a favor and get a thin hard plastic case or go with a plastic android phone.

This thread is bogus.

13. faiz23 macrumors 6502

faiz23

The "S" revision will get all the goodies. Strength, Speed and Sapphire.

14. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

Technically, I'd agree with you on this, except for the fact that Apple made adjustments with the iPhone 5 in response to "scuffgate" and the sleep button problem. None of which it told the general public about.

And the Space gray color of the iPhone 5s is also a direct response to the "scuffgate" of the Black/Slate iPhone 5. Scuffing and scratches on gray are harder to see. It hides better than black. Apple never copped to the reason for killing off Black/Slate but that's why.

15. respectabilia macrumors regular

Does apple plan to correct the bend problem on Iphone 6 plus?

Spoke to an apple rep about this and she reassured me it was a non-issue. I asked *what if* my phone still bent. She said if it was within warranty I could get it replaced.

But still, seeing so many pics of bent iPhones makes me wary regardless. The ability to replace is the only thing that keeps me a little reassured

16. The Doctor11 macrumors 603

The Doctor11

17. eelw macrumors 6502a

eelw

Again it's not just because the phone was placed in ones front pocket, the phone bent. Some external force was applied to it for it to bend. Leaning against a table with phone against the edge or when getting into your car and your leg rubs against the steering wheel. Anyone that has bent their phone, will neglect to say this and pretend they didn't cause the damage inadvertently.

18. bugelrex macrumors regular

Here is one. This is as close you are going to get to a realtime test for now. Since the tech websites will not be doing this in fear of being blacklisted by Apple.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQxX_x3HTXQ

19. 617aircav Suspended

Have you called apple? How could we even know this?

20. bugelrex macrumors regular

You need to get this is writing, Apple's official stance is a little vague ("It does not bot, only 9 reported, if it does bend then you must have done it intentionally")...

21. Enabledobject macrumors 6502

Enabledobject

As long as you swadle it and carry it around like a baby you'll be fine.

22. Menel macrumors 603

Menel

What bend problem?

23. Jimmy James macrumors 68040

What bend problem?

Are you referring to the same bend problem that all objects have when subjected to excessive stress?

24. Adam-Jobs macrumors regular

Friends don't judge other friends attire!

25. iososx macrumors 6502a

iososx

Based on Apple's typical practice of the past, it's highly likely they will silently fix it in next year's highly improved model, which will be worth the wait. I'm selling and profiting from this year's models, for my use I'm waiting until 2015. Id rather not gamble on this year's.