Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

h4mza

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 30, 2010
My iPhone broke so i attempted to open it, i took everything apart but couldn't find what's wrong with it so i put everything back together.

heisenberg123

macrumors 603
Oct 31, 2010
Hamilton, Ontario
My iPhone broke so i attempted to open it, i took everything apart but couldn't find what's wrong with it so i put everything back together.

if any warrantly seals or stickers were cut then obviously they will know you were inside the device if not then not sure how they would know

heisenberg123

macrumors 603
Oct 31, 2010
Hamilton, Ontario
It doesn’t really matter, since he’s OOW anyway. He should just pay the $200 and skip any repairs.

ya that makes sense, if its out of warranty take it to a joe smoe cell phone repair guy, should be cheaper then apple repair and since its OOW he cant do much more harm then your attempts

h4mza

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 30, 2010
The warranty sticker was broken when i opened it, will they still repair it after knowing it? I live in UK, anyone know how much £££s they charge. Can i not send it to Apple by post as the nearest Apple store is 20 miles away from me.:(

heisenberg123

macrumors 603
Oct 31, 2010
Hamilton, Ontario
The warranty sticker was broken when i opened it, will they still repair it after knowing it? I live in UK, anyone know how much £££s they charge. Can i not send it to Apple by post as the nearest Apple store is 20 miles away from me.:(

as aggie corrected me, that sticker only matters if you were trying to make a warranty swap, do have a independant cell phone repair shop near you?

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.

Just call applecare and they will send you a box to mail it to them.
They will not service it, they just give you a replacement refurb.
It doesnt matter if you opened it, its out of warranty repair so they will take it in as long as its not broken in pieces.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.