Does Apple replace torn USB cables?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bobright, Sep 18, 2012.

1. bobright macrumors 601

I've read some people got their torn USB cables replaced. I've got 2-3 months warranty left on my 4s and while the cable works it's showing the metal wiring on one end so I might try and see what happens.

Is a genius appointment needed or can I just walk in and try and get it replaced? Has anybody done it successfully did I wait too long?

2. MacSto macrumors newbie

They should. I've never had my sync cable replaced, but over the last few years I've walked into the store with my worn out headphones that the plastic was coming apart and just kindly ask for them to be replaced. I've probably had my headphones replaced a dozen times, at a few different stores between different states. It's worth a try, worst they can say is no.

3. Nikos macrumors 68000

Nikos

They should replace it, but you'll need an appointment.

4. lifeguard macrumors 6502

lifeguard

I had a run with a few bad cables. I walked into Apple on a real busy day walked up to one of the staff and said do I really need an appointment for a cable? they laughed walked into the back handed me a new one then tossed the old one to the genius behind the counter who used it to help a customer.

I think Ive done that 3 times now

5. ixodes macrumors 601

ixodes

I've always found it rather ironic, that my iPhones have been quite durable, yet Apple cables are low grade & fragile. I've got original cables looking like new for my ThinkPads, VAIO's, but short cheap iPhone cables. Yes Apple replaces them but at what price to them. Save $2.00, spend $20 in replacements. Sick.

6. dontwalkhand macrumors 601

dontwalkhand

Yes, they do. Gotten even headphones replaced. I hope they will still replace earpods if they go bad.

7. v7da1 macrumors member

yes

yes they do. look at the box that came with your iphone and it in on the warranty pamphlet is says the warranty includes cables and charger...
    i have replaced my charger at a store
    just take it with your receipt and they should swap it over