Does AppleCare Cover Dust & Dirt? (I'm in China & You Wouldn't Believe The Dust)

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by HappyDude20, Apr 13, 2011.

1. HappyDude20 macrumors 68020

HappyDude20

Hi guys,

I'm currently in China, have been here for 5 weeks and am staying another 5.

I'm in the city of Xingtai, about 3 hours south of Beijing. (The nearest Apple Store is in Beijing)

I'll be visiting Beijing in a few days for 2 days and may hit up the Apple store, though obviously and rarely will they be speaking english.

I'm wondering if AppleCare covers such a thing, considering at the time of this posting i'm sitting outside typing away. The dust is ridiculous, I can easily swipe my finger across the unibody of my MBP and a i have a dirty finger after 30 minutes....and am wondering if AppleCare can cover it.

I wish I had purchased some sort of case and keyboard cover...but am now simply asking away in this forum.

...... :eek:

2. eawmp1 macrumors 601

eawmp1

Why would AppleCare cover environmental damage? If they did, that would give owners carte blanche to abuse their machines?

3. Suanmiao macrumors member

I doubt they'd cover that. I mean if they did they'd be cleaning machines all day long...lol
    You should avoid using your machine out doors during windy days, when you go back home just remove the back plate and blow the dust out.
    I used to live in Toronto where is relatively clean for many years, you will not believe how much dust's gotten trapped in my iMac, the house hold dust (with the micro fiber) sticks onto the fans and build up like mad, those are hard to remove...
    I hope you enjoy your stay in my country! :)

btw keyboard cover might not do much, it's the fine speaker grill where the air gets sucked in...

4. HappyDude20 thread starter macrumors 68020

HappyDude20

Thanks for the advice. Looks like I'll be doing my web browsing indoors as opposed to outdoors from now on. Luckily, i've brought my tools to take apart my MBP if need be and believe i'll be doing a complete sweep inside the machine either sometime next week................or tonight. :D