Does battery improve after some usage ?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ParagJain, Jan 21, 2013.

1. ParagJain macrumors 6502

Hi,

Got my iphone5 3 weeks back, up till last 3 days, i was just too disappointed with the overall battery life, was just lasting about a day with normal usage. similar to my 2 year old iphone 4.

From past 3 days, the phone seems to be lasting a day and half now. nothing has changed on the phone with apps and usage pattern from initial time. similar usage and no news apps installed or deleted.

can't complain, just wandering if the battery actually improves after few weeks of usage ?

haven't done any restore as well; just was too lazy to do it.

2. sagar4995 macrumors 6502a

sagar4995

haven't noticed an increase like this on mine. a day is pretty much how long mine lasts. sometimes 3/4th of a day. but then again i use my 3g every 15-20 mins or so.

3. aphexacid macrumors 6502a

aphexacid

4. corvus32 macrumors 6502a

All lithium-ion batteries lose a tiny amount of capacity on each charge, so technically, no the battery has not gotten better.

What your probably noticing is the phone has calibrated the battery's capacity more accurately after getting some use.

5. ParagJain thread starter macrumors 6502

Could be, i was reading about it on the internet and was thinking on the same lines as well. anyhow, kinda feeling better at the moment that my phone is able to last for more than a day atleast while its within first 6 months of purchase...

6. Stuntman06 macrumors 6502a

Stuntman06

My understanding of modern phone batteries is that they are supposed to last longer after a few weeks of use. I have noticed this on 3 different phones. One of the phones' manual actually stated that the battery will last longer after some use than brand new.

7. Adutrumque macrumors 65816

Adutrumque

There are many answers but most of us would say that the more cycles the batteries go through - the better battery.

Why? I wanna know the answer myself.

But the lifetime is weakened aswell.