Does Bernie Sanders support civil unrest?

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by thewap, Mar 12, 2016.

1. thewap macrumors demi-god

thewap

The lying establishment media keeps pushing Trump supporters as being violent - yet never mention the organized protester's violence and their sponsors. Since the Chicago *selfie* protesters derailed
    the private rally for Trump supporters, media is calling for Trump to tell his supporters to calm down?.

Many of the protesters were also Bernie fans. I have yet to hear Bernie call for respecting freedom of speech and ask HIS supporters to be peaceful.

Does Bernie want communist style civil unrest?

2. uknowimright macrumors 6502a

uknowimright

Bernie supports mental heath funding which may lead to research to help you out with your issues

3. steve knight Suspended

steve knight

I doubt there is a big enough budget to help al the trump supporters.
    --- Post Merged, Mar 12, 2016 ---
    always trying to make the other guy look bad so trump does not look so bad.

4. Snoopy4 macrumors 6502a

Snoopy4

Based on his "blame Trump" response to his supporters disruption in Chicago, I'd say yes he does.

5. Meister Suspended

Meister

I really like Bernie, but the hoodlums in chicago waived his signs.

Bernie should distance himself from this scum.

6. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

Are there any klan leaders chanting for Bernie?

7. VulchR macrumors 68020

VulchR

Bernie should distance himself from any of that violence. Elections are about peaceful debate and violence helps nobody. I would think that Bernie would be among those who hold this belief most strongly, but I guess we'll see.

8. webbuzz macrumors 65816

webbuzz

9. steve knight Suspended

steve knight

Kinda like the KKK and white supremacists supporting trump huh?

10. Desertrat macrumors newbie

I don't see Sanders as one who would condone what his supporters instigated in Chicago.

However, the tactics there are quite typical, historically, of the hard-core Left as typified by Ayers. You can go all the way back to the so-called "Free Speech" movement at Berzerkley in the '60s/'70s with Mario Savio. Morally, Ayers is low-rent trash and always has been. As usual, free speech is only for those who agree with Leftist agendas.

11. Snoopy4 macrumors 6502a

Snoopy4

Bill Ayers, still a community organizer after all these years. LOL

12. MacNut, Mar 12, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2016

MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

13. jerwin macrumors 65816

Which is more positively correlated with moral probity: wealth or income?

14. A.Goldberg macrumors 68000

A.Goldberg

I don't think we've reached the point of "civil unrest". Ferguson Missouri = Civil Unrest. I don't think anyone actually wants that.

I think attempting to derail a political rally reflects on the individuals protesters more than anyone- not Trump, not Bernie. On both sides we're talking about about a few people out of thousands, or millions of you consider the entire country. Most people are sensible enough to not act out like this.

15. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

The KKK sabotaged and shut down a Bernie rally while holding Trump signs? Amazing I had never heard this.
    --- Post Merged, Mar 13, 2016 ---
    This was organized, most people are sensible enough not to act out, but a mob isn't. The left would be best served to stop manufacturing this violence. If they don't want Trump the solution is simple, vote.

16. satcomer, Mar 13, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2016

satcomer macrumors 603

satcomer

This is a symptom of the new left. They don't don't want to argue the policies anymore they just want to shut people up by any means nessary! You see these kind of people on College campuses with their trigger warnings and safe spaces. In a way the new left have become the Brown Shirts of the modern era!

I was part of the GamerGate protesters and saw this over a year ago!

17. zioxide macrumors 603

zioxide

What a ridiculous thread.

On the other hand, it's pretty clear that Donald Trump does support violence. At least when its white people beating up colored people or his campaign manager assaulting a female reporter.
    --- Post Merged, Mar 13, 2016 ---

18. steve knight Suspended

steve knight

they support trump and make him look even more racist that makes his rallies attract rebellion that he does nothing to quell he eggs it on. this is a huge ego boost for him you think he cares about his supporters?

19. bent christian Suspended

bent christian

For this thread to have any merit, of course you will have to post quotes where Sanders states he supports civil unrest.

We have plenty of instances to quote of Donlad Trump lying about violent protester at his events and instructing his goons to attack peaceful attendees.

20. Desertrat macrumors newbie

jerwin asked, "Which is more positively correlated with moral probity: wealth or income?"

I dunno. You can be moral without having either. You can be immoral with either or both. Me, I've always had an adequate income and have created a fair amount of wealth--all while trying to live in a reasonably moral manner. So, I don't really see any correlation.

21. satcomer macrumors 603

satcomer

Um that has been proven she made the whole thing up: Wow! New Video Michele Fields nor even bumped Campain Manager.