Does cancelling your Apple.com preorder restore your upgrade?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by wishman35, Sep 20, 2012.

1. wishman35 macrumors regular

If so - how long does it take? I know I read some reports but just wanted to see if anyone had a concrete idea...

Just deciding on whether to go wait outside the store tomorrow morning.

Thanks!

2. malaclypse macrumors member

I called Apple to ask about this and they said it would take 24 hours for the upgrade eligibility to reset after cancelling an online order. So it looks like you won't be able to get upgrade pricing tomorrow, unless you get reallllllly lucky. :(

3. kevinliles macrumors newbie

I'm with sprint and it took my upgrade status 48 hours to reset.

4. F1Fan macrumors member

F1Fan

I just got back from the AT&T store. I went on a whim, showed up at about 7 am and was # 18 of about 22 in line. While in line, the guy from the store told me that they had enough to make us all happy. So I got brave and cancelled my order on apple.com.

By the time I got to the register, about 40 min after canceling my order, they had my first choice phone (white 64 GB). When he pulled my account it did NOT show that I was eligible. He was pretty much like there is nothing I can do. I was about to have to leave empty handed and then I asked if I could pay full price and have them refund the money when my eligibility shows back up. He checked with his manager and got the ok. He made a note into the account, and I got the name of the manager who promised me the refund for the price difference and they said I could come by whenever, and they would put the difference back on my card.

So I walked out with the iPhone 5