Does Dell Know How To Spell?

mcarnes

macrumors 68000
Mar 14, 2004
USA! USA!
Lacero said:
Let he who has not sinned cast the first stone.

MmmmWaaaaHaaaHaaaHaaa... damn you're brutal.

Well given that Dull is that actual name of Dell, I'd say YES, they suck a spelling... and R&D, and style, and taste, and ethics, and...

jamdr

macrumors 6502a
Jul 20, 2003
Bay Area
Lacero said:
Who has not misspelled a word on an internet message board? :rolleyes: Dell actually pays someone to write their advertisements, on the other hand...

gwuMACaddict

macrumors 68040
Apr 21, 2003
washington dc
Lacero said:
lame... everyone mispells things on this site... not to mention atrocious grammar and puncuation... myself DEFinitely included... dell pays people to make their site, whole different ballgame

scem0

macrumors 604
Jul 16, 2002
back in NYC!
Apple made an even bigger spelling blunder on that one commercial where all the words flew by and one was spelt wrong. A MR user caught it, which amazed all of us. :)

scem0

mac 2005

macrumors 6502a
Apr 1, 2005
Chicago
Lacero said:
It's called karma. I've almost learned to stop criticizing people for these kinds of things.

Seems like every time I do, I turn around and make a silly mistake -- usually one more obvious than the one I criticized -- myself.

D'oh!

Don't panic

macrumors 603
Jan 30, 2004
having a drink at Milliways
come on, it's a typo in a hidden alt field of a picture in the html code!
who cares. it's not something that the public would/should see.

i'm sure if you went nitpicking on the merriam-webster website you'd find hidden typos too.

now, if any of the alt fields spelled "dull", that would be a find
:)

Doctor Q

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 19, 2002
Los Angeles
From an FAQ at www.crimestoppersonline.com:
In order to use spellcheck you need to make sure that you have clicked in the text area that you want to check. Then either click on the Edit menu and select Spellcehck or press Ctrl+S.​
The bold is mine.

Lacero

macrumors 604
Jan 20, 2005
clayj said:
I challenge you to find an instance where I have misspelled a word anywhere here on MacRumors. :cool:
Since I did point out the errors of his ways, and even though I am not paid to type, I also have kept my standards fairly high, so I too, have not misspelled on an internet message board. But jamdr, please feel free to challenge me! :D

clayj

macrumors 604
Jan 14, 2005
visiting from downstream
Lacero said:
Since I did point out the errors of his ways, and even though I am not paid to type, I also have kept my standards fairly high, so I too, have not misspelled on an internet message board. But jamdr, please feel free to challenge me! :D
Lacero, you have to admit that your use of commas might create, shall we say, a run-on sentence of the type that, if you were in school right now, would cause you to receive a, shall we say, less than optimal grade.

:D