Does election of Barrack Obama prove God exists?

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by PracticalMac, Apr 2, 2014.

1. PracticalMac macrumors 68030

PracticalMac

Osama BinLadin organized a horrible attack on the US of A 9/11/2001.

7 years later Democratic candidates for the POTUS yes
    Obama Biden.

Even Douglas Adams could not think up a better line.

Personally I think God is a Laissez-faire kind of deity, who enjoys watching our endless failings to be like him (you know, the "Godliness" thing), and every once in a while does things that are supremely ironic (or maybe its just in our collective subconscious).

And the Republicans love the victory of Obama Biden for all the fodder they are giving them about how Obama is intruding in our personal lives (although I puzzle why Republicans do the same, seems like it will hurt them more).

After all, if God was that involved in our lives, shouldn't we at least know here MH370 went?

It just looks like God does not sweat the little stuff, instead it is things worthy of His (Her? Its?) stature, world shaking.

What say ye?

2. jkcerda Suspended

jkcerda

which god? Allah? :D

EDIT.

its called sarcasm people.

3. sonicrobby macrumors 68020

sonicrobby

Im so confused. I'm first unsure of how the title relates to the post. But my belief is in people. I think people determine what happens, they make their decisions based off their own judgement and will. I dont think a higher power is the direct influence of the happenings of this world. I believe that the modern religious "God" is much more than it actually is. I think it's a belief to help put perspective and focus on aspects of peoples lives, not an actual being who can irrationally make things happen out of nothing (this in respect to the comment about flight 370). Im more of a realist, and this is just my opinion

4. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

No proof of God.

Absolutely they do not, they'd rather have a GOP candidate sitting in the White House to reinforce their ludicrous agenda.

And as far as God, if he exists he's operating with the "hands off" agenda. He (she/it) is going to let us dig our holes as deep as we'd like. Again "if", he probably has a variety of simulators scattered around the universe. If one implodes, no biggy.

5. Ledgem macrumors 65816

Ledgem

I don't get it, but I assume you're viewing a name similarity here. You can make patterns out of anything, but it doesn't mean that there's any correlation.

They sure have a strange way of showing their love for that victory.

Only if you make a lot of assumptions about how God operates and communicates.

6. roadbloc macrumors G3

roadbloc

7. PracticalMac thread starter macrumors 68030

PracticalMac

That one over, well, was over there.
    So nebulous.

It just does, have faith!

Multiple Uni-Gods. Interesting.

What are the odds a name correlation that close?

Time to invest in the Lotto!

Yes.

8. sviato macrumors 68020

sviato

I'd be surprised if any deity cared at all about our tiny, tiny planet.