Does FAN discount apply to AT&T Mobile Data Share Plans?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by saintforlife, Aug 4, 2013.

1. saintforlife macrumors 6502a

I currently get 18% discount via FAN discount at work. We have two iPhones at home and want to switch to the 4GB data plan ($70 + $40*2 = $150). Just wondering if we will get the 18% discount on both the monthly plan and the device cost, i.e. on the entire $150 monthly bill?

2. Jades macrumors 6502

It just goes on the device cost I believe
    Or just the data. One of the two. But more likely on the device cost

3. Chocolatemilty macrumors 6502a

We have the same discount, and it only applies to our monthly bill and not on any device cost if you upgrade. However, I'm not sure how it'll apply if you're referring to the new AT&T Next plans?

4. saintforlife thread starter macrumors 6502a

No I am not referring to the Next plans.

We want to switch from our current family plan to the 4GB mobile share plan. The new monthly cost by switching to the mobile share plan would be $70 + $40*2 = $150. My question is if my FAN discount will apply for both the monthly data/voice plan ($70) and also to the cost of the two smartphones ($80).

5. sarcosis macrumors 6502a

The FAN discount only applies to the data cost and not the additional cost for each line. For example, if you get the 4gb plan for $70, you only get the discount on that. For each device that you add, you pay full price for each device that you add.

6. Chocolatemilty macrumors 6502a

OIC, my mistake. I recall many forum readers saying their FAN discounts only applied to their data portions of their bill, mobile share and regular plans. However, it really does depend on the discount, because some discounts are different depending on what organization it is giving the discount, i.e., government worker, private employer-based, or educational. Best bet is to call or chat with AT&T with your specific FAN discount and they can let you know exactly.

7. randy98mtu macrumors 65816

randy98mtu

My FAN discount only applies to my data portion of my mobile share plan.

8. pokerplayer73 macrumors 6502

pokerplayer73

I believe it is any component of the wireless bill greater than $25 or $30. All three components in your case greater than $30, so it should.

I have their normal $60 Family Plan (700 min) + additional line $10
    Data Plans - $30 * 2
    200 Text Plan - $5

I get FAN discount on $60 and the 2 data plans.