Does High Sierra get rid of the Safari search suggestions bug?

Discussion in 'macOS High Sierra (10.13)' started by NauCayuti, Jun 15, 2017.

Tags:
  1. NauCayuti macrumors member

For those of you already on the beta: Does 10.13 get rid of the bug were Safari reopens search suggestions every time a search is completed? This only happens when Safari is in fullscreen and Google is used as search engine.

This has been an issue since 10.11 and is unfortunately unresolved as of 10.12.

2. v1597psh macrumors regular

v1597psh

I think I get what you are talking about. I'm having the same issue every time I close the downloads window and favourites window pops up. It's seems to be fixed in Safari 11. Tested on Safari Technology Preview on Sierra.

3. vmachiel macrumors 68000

4. NauCayuti thread starter macrumors member

Unfortunately, Safari TP 11 doesn't resolve this issue. Just tested this on macOS 10.12. Are you sure that you can reproduce the mentioned issue with Safari 10?

Yes, already did this way back in macOS 10.11 when I first experienced this problem. I now submitted a second report ...

5. Shmanky macrumors regular

Yes, this still happens in 10.13 High Sierra. Very annoying.

6. NauCayuti thread starter macrumors member

Looks like someone found a reasonable workaround for the problem (Option 2, mentioned by Onne van Dijk), which requires installing the Safari extension AnySearch. The origin of the problem, and its dependency on fullscreen mode remains mysterious, however ;)

7. Shmanky macrumors regular

Thank you, NauCayuti, I can finally keep Safari in Full Screen mode with this extension.