Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

indychris

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 19, 2010
Fort Wayne, IN
I’m running an iPhone 8+ and an iPad Pro 12.9”. Both ran exceptionally well under 11.XX. I’m getting hangups, crashes, freezes in mail, the inability to recognize a finger print, etc.

None of it is all the time, but all of it happens on both devices, and I experience several ‘hiccups’ on a daily basis.

Yes, I’ve reset and reinstalled, started fresh with new setup, etc. My college student daughter said she has all kinds of issues on her iPhone 7 and iPad Pro as well.

Just curious if it’s stuff we’re running or if there is generally something not working right under the hood of iOS 12?

PatrikCoC

macrumors member
Dec 5, 2016
XS Max here, clean reinstalled with 12.1.1. Notifications are so buggy, blinks, jumps, lags, etc. It is a miracle if i click Delete all notifications and nothing like a jump, or a glitch like time and lock gets into a notification happens.

BeeGood

macrumors 68000
Sep 15, 2013
Lot 23E. Somewhere in Georgia.
I’ve noticed it as well. Sometimes going into safari the frame rate drops to a ridiculous level when scrolling through tabs. I’ve also noticed it in Notification Center too.

It’s not all the time, but it happens frequently enough to notice.

thadoggfather

macrumors P6
Oct 1, 2007
I’m running an iPhone 8+ and an iPad Pro 12.9”. Both ran exceptionally well under 11.XX. I’m getting hangups, crashes, freezes in mail, the inability to recognize a finger print, etc.

None of it is all the time, but all of it happens on both devices, and I experience several ‘hiccups’ on a daily basis.

Yes, I’ve reset and reinstalled, started fresh with new setup, etc. My college student daughter said she has all kinds of issues on her iPhone 7 and iPad Pro as well.

Just curious if it’s stuff we’re running or if there is generally something not working right under the hood of iOS 12?

12 seems alright On se and Xr. Better on Se than 11 was. Same w 7+ before I sold that. But battery life got sucked up even more.

Seemed fine on 9.7 pro before I sold it & battery life too but not a fan of the new 2018 iPad Pro status bar on older iPads. And hate pull down cc top right instead of combined w multitasking pane on iOS 11. Seemed buggy on the 2018 iPad Pro too imo a little. Could be new hardware and software combo

Apprehensive about updating my 12.9 gen2 for this reason even if/when a jailbreak comes out. 11.3.1 hums along.

Craiguyver

macrumors regular
Jan 26, 2013
Ohio, USA
You mean like the fact that text message forwarding hasn't been working between my X and iPad since like the third beta in July??

Skoal

macrumors 68000
Nov 4, 2009

I’ve had great experiences with 12.... so far running all the dev betas on an XS Max, X, and mini 4. I’ve certainly encountered bugs but being betas I expect that. My wife’s X is on the public release and she hasn’t mentioned any issues so far. Funny as so many complained about iOS 11 yet you’ve had good luck with it. I did as well.

chrfr

macrumors G5
Jul 11, 2009

I'm not seeing anything like this on an iPhone 8/iPad Pro 10.5/iPod touch.

Minorite

macrumors 6502a
May 8, 2018
Poland
iPhone 7, everything OK on both iOS 11 and 12. But I love to hang 'Works on my machine' badge on soft :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.