Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Laisha

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 21, 2014
Far northern Maine.
I sold my MacBook Pro and bought an iPad Pro 12.9 a couple of weeks ago, and Im having the damnest time getting used to it.

As far as I can tell, there is no Mission Control -- or equivalent -- or Spaces -- or equivalent.

I do know that there is a split screen option, and that works great for some of my tasks, but for some of them, I need 3 or 4 whole desktops.

Reactions: alecgold

skaertus

macrumors 601
Feb 23, 2009
Brazil
I sold my MacBook Pro and bought an iPad Pro 12.9 a couple of weeks ago, and Im having the damnest time getting used to it.

As far as I can tell, there is no Mission Control -- or equivalent -- or Spaces -- or equivalent.

I do know that there is a split screen option, and that works great for some of my tasks, but for some of them, I need 3 or 4 whole desktops.

This is one of the reasons why I did not buy the 12.9" iPad Pro, and went with the 9.7" version instead. A screen so big for a OS so limited would not work for me. The 9.7" iPad is very good at what it does, even though it does a lot less than a full-blown laptop.

And the 12.9" iPad Pro, much like its sibling, is no real alternative for a laptop, regardless of what Apple says (and unless you are a very basic user).

This is probably why sales of the iPad have been declining year after year. I was expecting its capabilities to have improved more since its introduction. For surfing the Internet, watching videos and checking e-mails, you have no need to get a new iPad every two years, especially at the price point Apple sells it. And although it has improved in productivity, it still falls short of any real laptop running either Windows or macOS.

alecgold

macrumors 65816
Oct 11, 2007
NLD
3 or 4 apps at the same time is not possible afaik. And what good will it be? So tiny?!
Mission control can be compared with a four finger swipe up.

It took me three whole days of converting my routines to iOS. The problem is you need to stop thinking OS X and start finding iOS ways. They are different but often easier once you get the hang of it.

Reactions: Skika and RevTEG

lympero

macrumors 6502a
Sep 1, 2008
Arta, Greece

So you need 3 to 4 whole desktops, mission control, spaces etc and you decide to sell your mbp for an iPad....

WHY?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.