does iphone 4S screen scratch easy?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by kofman13, Oct 7, 2012.

1. kofman13 macrumors member

I am getting a 4S in a few days and already ordered a case which protects well and covers bezel already and all the edges. so if the phone falls its never going to actually hit the glass screen. I am contemplating whether or not to get a screen protector. I always hate how they make the screen more dull and not as smooth to the finger touch

2. tardman91 macrumors 6502a

tardman91

As long as you're careful and don't keep your phone in your pocket with your keys you don't have to worry too much about scratches. I used mine without a screen protector for a while when I used a case with no scratches. Now that I use it caseless I rock a screen protector for piece of mind.

3. nostresshere macrumors 68030

At a year and a half or whenever they came out. In holster half the time. Pocket the other. Often while doing handywork around house. No protector, bumper, nothing. Doing just fine.

4. Quu macrumors 68020

Quu

It does not scratch easily no. Very durable. Its only real weakness is blunt force over a tiny area so don't drop it on any pointy rocks.

5. TM WAZZA macrumors 68000

6. Tiptizzle macrumors 6502

Just under a year.

I don't think they changed the glass from the iPhone 4 though. No scratches on my iPhone 4. I put it in a pocket by itself.

7. SunnyStudioNeo macrumors regular

No not easy to make a scratch, especially if you put a screen cover on it.