does iphone 4S screen scratch easy?

kofman13

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 6, 2009
I am getting a 4S in a few days and already ordered a case which protects well and covers bezel already and all the edges. so if the phone falls its never going to actually hit the glass screen. I am contemplating whether or not to get a screen protector. I always hate how they make the screen more dull and not as smooth to the finger touch

tardman91

macrumors 65816
Oct 21, 2009
Tampa Area, FL
I am getting a 4S in a few days and already ordered a case which protects well and covers bezel already and all the edges. so if the phone falls its never going to actually hit the glass screen. I am contemplating whether or not to get a screen protector. I always hate how they make the screen more dull and not as smooth to the finger touch
As long as you're careful and don't keep your phone in your pocket with your keys you don't have to worry too much about scratches. I used mine without a screen protector for a while when I used a case with no scratches. Now that I use it caseless I rock a screen protector for piece of mind.

nostresshere

macrumors 68030
Dec 30, 2010
At a year and a half or whenever they came out. In holster half the time. Pocket the other. Often while doing handywork around house. No protector, bumper, nothing. Doing just fine.

Quu

macrumors 68030
Apr 2, 2007
It does not scratch easily no. Very durable. Its only real weakness is blunt force over a tiny area so don't drop it on any pointy rocks.

Tiptizzle

macrumors 6502
Apr 22, 2011
At a year and a half or whenever they came out. In holster half the time. Pocket the other. Often while doing handywork around house. No protector, bumper, nothing. Doing just fine.
Just under a year.

I don't think they changed the glass from the iPhone 4 though. No scratches on my iPhone 4. I put it in a pocket by itself.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.