Does IPhone unlock takes 48 hours ?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Sunnyr, Jul 18, 2012.

1. Sunnyr macrumors newbie

I unlocked the iphone 4 as instructed by AT&T , did restore twice but didn't see the congratulatory unlock message ... Called AT&T customer service and she mentioned that it takes 48 hours to process the request ?
    Is it normal or weird ? Any help here please ? Thank you

2. Daveoc64 macrumors 601

Try putting a non-AT&T SIM in the device. It should try and activate again, then the SIM will work and the phone will be unlocked.

The "congratulations" screen doesn't always appear

3. SAD*FACED*CLOWN macrumors 65816

SAD*FACED*CLOWN

I did mine yesterday it was unlocked in half an hour...haven't tried a different sim yet but both Apple and AT&T have confirmed that my device is unlocked

4. itouchaddicted macrumors regular

I did mine yesterday too. I talked to ATT and they transferred me to technical support after confirming that I am eligible for unlock. Then technical support told me to do a restore. I did the restore and never got the iphone unlock congratulations message on the itunes. Than I called and they said its unlocked and also said that sometimes you dont get a congratulations message on itunes.
    But next day i got congratulations email from ATT that my iphone is now unlocked.

So my unlock was instant with no wait.

5. Gjwilly macrumors 68030

I was under the impression that Apple had to push the unlock to your phone and that they did so during the restore process.
    If that's true then I wouldn't trust AT&T telling you that you're unlocked.
    They told me the same thing and I never even attempted the restore.
    Later when I actually did perfrom the restore I did get the congratulations message in iTunes.

6. itouchaddicted macrumors regular

Well mine was in pending status and that what the rep told me but once I did the restore and called them, they said its now fully unloked and thats when I got congraulation email too