Does it frustrate you that half of the worlds population has iPhones?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ObsessiveEmile, Sep 29, 2011.

1. ObsessiveEmile macrumors newbie

Okay, a slight over exaggeration with 'half of the worlds population'. But, over here in Western Australia, every second person that works by me has an iPhone, whether that be at university, work, or in the general public.

Now, i really cannot decide on whether or not this is a good thing, or a bad thing! I mean, wouldn't it get frustrating seeing others with the exact same phone as you, 24/7? I'd get pretty bored of my phone, if i saw it EVERYWHERE! Especially with the high demand rate for the upcoming iPhone five that i plan on getting it, I'd personally find it really frustrating having half of W.A with the same phone as me!

On the other hand, it may be a GOOD thing since everyone having an iPhone really confirms that they are great phones.

What are your opinions? BE HONEST!

2. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

I tend not to worry about what others have ... I just use what works for me.

3. Pink∆Floyd macrumors 68020

Pink∆Floyd

4. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

I thought it was like 58% android and 25% iPhone .

And I never knew 1 out of 2 starving people in South Africa had cellphones.

5. ctbear macrumors 6502a

Am I missing something? I buy a phone because it is good, not because it is cool and no one else has it

6. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

I couldn't tell you what kind of phone those around me use at all
    I don't even know what kind my kids have (29 and 31 with families)

I buy what I want because it meets my needs
    Same with a vehicle
    Same with a computer
    Same with a vacuum cleaner

7. rockyroad55 macrumors 601

rockyroad55

I don't care. I just care if the phone is right for me.

8. VPrime macrumors 68000

VPrime

No.. Only bothered when it is an older family member (uncle...aunt etc.) that gets one and doesn't know how to use it, then harasses me to sync.. Or tell them how to get the paid apps free :rolleyes:.

9. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

10. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

Not really. That's one less person saying "oooh, an iphone!! can i see it??!"

11. quasinormal macrumors 6502a

I've a suggestion. Stop buying iPhones. Maybe then the price will reduced to a sane level.

I stick with my nokia 1100 until an iPhone doesn't cost the best part of a grand.

12. redwarrior macrumors 603

redwarrior

There was a very short time that I was without an iPhone because I couldn't afford it. During that time I noticed EVERYONE that had one, and I did a lot of sulking. I have an iPhone again, so I'm better now.

No, I don't pay any attention. :p

13. ap3604 macrumors 68000

Seriously?

Thats your biggest concern is people having the exact same phone as you?

Visit this website that recently had their iPhone game published and tell me if thats still the biggest issue with half the population around you owning an iPhone: http://phonestory.org/

I'd have to say the worst thing about the popularity of the iPhone is the coltan mining child slavery in the congo but hey thats me... :rolleyes:

14. Lee Adama macrumors regular

Lee Adama

same here. I like what I like. They like what they like. It's logical that more people will be attracted to iPhones as they work very well and are reliable.

15. CalWizrd Suspended

CalWizrd

16. Patriot24 macrumors 68030

Patriot24

I lose sleep over this very issue nightly.

/firstworldproblems

17. SomeonePlzHelp macrumors regular

I remember when I was one of the few kids with an iPhone.
    Then it kinda got annoying when everyone started getting them, and only used like 5% of what the phone can do.

18. McGiord macrumors 601

McGiord

Why would it?
    Maybe we also should be concerned that they are also breathing the same air?
    And looking at the same Sun and when the weather permits the same Moon?

Move to the other side of the country and you might see a different trend.
    :D

19. ann713 macrumors 6502a

Be it a Blackberry, iPhone or any other phone, I purchase a device because I want it and it fits my needs. I couldn't care less about what phone other people are using nor do I feel the need to show off. Mine is usually kept in a incognito case or hidden away in my purse.

20. aohus macrumors 68000

no, because most folks in the world do not own mobile phones.

and of the folks that have a mobile phone, way more than half are still using feature phones.

21. IrishVixen macrumors 68020

IrishVixen

No, it doesn't worry me, because I really don't give a damn if others do or don't have something I own. I make my devices my own anyway, what difference does it make?

Seriously, why are you even spending time on this? There's more to life.

22. Le Buzz macrumors member

No... it would not bother me. The reason I love my iphone is because it's the most powerful phone on the planet in terms of what I can do and the experience it provides for me on a day to day basis.

I was once like you, I had to have the latest and greatest to set me apart. Once I got over that my life started to be much more enjoyable. You should enjoy the iphone for what it does, not for how cool it makes you look.

23. MVallee macrumors 6502a

MVallee

I think it's great that alot of people have the same phone. That means that there are more of my friends who can play multiplayer games, more friends to use FaceTime with, and soon more people to iMessage with.

Half my friends have iPhones and half have blackberry's. The ones with blackberry's can never picture message properly and their texts get split up instead of appearing as one long message and lots of other annoyances. I wish they all had iPhones to be honest.

24. ravensfan55 macrumors 6502

Everytime I see someone else with an iPhone it makes me bitter. Bitter knowing that what was once an exclusive thing to own and a social status symbol that put you in a select group above others is now just another cell phone.

Apple needs to come out with the iPhone 5* Gold Edition that only a select few like myself can have so I can feel cool and exclusive again.

/sarcasm

25. Muad'Dib macrumors 6502

1) The more people have the iPhone, the more I can use FaceTime or iMessage with
    2) The more people have the iPhone the more accessories the manufacturers make to cater to iPhone owners

I don't really see a down-side unless Apple starts getting lazy due to no comptetition....which isn't the current state.