Does it make sense to get iPhone 5 now?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by narutoninjakid, Jul 28, 2013.

1. narutoninjakid macrumors 6502

I wanted to purchase an iPhone 5 (bad esn most likely) to use as an iPod touch 5th gen because i felt like it wold be supported by apple longer. Is there and truth in this ? if not i have the funds now to get an iPod touch but i feel like an a5 processor is pushing it in terms of longevity. Anyway Ive been reading that if apple releases a low cost iPhone that they would stop making the iPhone 5 so does it make sense to buy one now ? Or just wait and when the iPhone 6 comes out the price will go down. What do you guys think ?

2. Jimmy James macrumors 68040

Depends on your circumstance. Wait if you can.

We've never had the kind of performance overhead we have now. The screen resolution changed last year and will probably stay the same for a few more.

My provider is offering me a crazy great plan with a phone discount that will save me $700 over 2 years. I have no hesitation getting the 5 now to secure this.

3. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

This is super good advice. I wouldn't hesitate if it applies to you as well OP. the 5 is a great phone.

4. RotaryP7 macrumors 6502a

5. narutoninjakid thread starter macrumors 6502

6. SPEEDwithJJ macrumors 65816

SPEEDwithJJ

Yes. Of course they will.

7. boshii macrumors 68040

boshii

You must be an Android user. :D

Apple's great at supporting their products for years. Even the discontinued ones.

8. narutoninjakid thread starter macrumors 6502

Lol yeah I have a note 2 but i had an iPad 2 and an iPad 4, had an ipod touch 5th gen for a little while

9. maxosx macrumors 68020

As a very long time Apple computer user I can confirm that Apple provides excellent support. That's one of the distinct advantages of the premium price we pay, Apple makes such a substantial profit they can easily afford to take care of their customers.

10. jread macrumors regular

I laughed when I saw this, and laughed even harder when he confirmed that he is indeed an Android user :)

Honest question for someone used to Android phones, though. They are not used to the level of support that we are. I had the original Galaxy S, and it was loaded with problems. So glad I made the switch.

11. narutoninjakid thread starter macrumors 6502

Lol yeah android OEM's don't care for the most part you have to take care of your stuff or you'll regret it

12. Tailgunner macrumors newbie

It's hard to go wrong with Apple in general, I had an android and Thank God I switched to an IPhone...even more so switching to a Mac! No more dealing with poor quality service and viruses!

Anyhow, this thread is being cloned on another forum:

http://www.naijafinder.com/threads/776357-Does-it-make-sense-to-get-iPhone-5-now#axzz2b2k32H1f

13. zipster macrumors 6502

Why would you buy an iPhone 5 JUST to use it as an iPod touch? The iPod touch that's currently out is a great product, cheaper, and comes in a variety of colors.

If you're worried about "support", people have iPod touches since the 2nd gen that run fairly well.