Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Aluminum213

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Mar 16, 2012
If ATT gets bad reception in an area and that place then gets LTE support, is the reception going to improve or is that separate from data speed?

Aluminum213

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Mar 16, 2012
I'm not sure what you're asking. Isn't LTE based on Reception? Low reception = low data speed.

where I live ATT has bad reception, but LTE is supposed to come to my town in the next month or so, so will the reception get better?

DayOfChaos

macrumors 6502
Nov 13, 2011
where I live ATT has bad reception, but LTE is supposed to come to my town in the next month or so, so will the reception get better?
LTE and HSPA+ are seperate networks. So yes, it will improve if you are close to whereever AT&T puts the LTE towers.

If it is weak right now, you must be far away from HSPA+ towers. So hope and prey they put a LTE tower close to you. ;)

tymaster50

Suspended
Oct 3, 2012
Oregon

not your regular reception. Only LTE service will improve. If you have 2 bars of att's version of 4g "hspa+" then it will stay 2 bars but if you don't have LTE then depending on how far the tower is you can have up to 5 bars and around 50mbps of download when connected to LTE

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.