Does making order changes put you further back on iPhone 5s shipping?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by wchangch, Sep 25, 2013.

1. wchangch macrumors member

I placed order my gold 16GB iPhone 5s at 12.08am PT and received confirmation email 7-10 days available to ship. 2 hours later I called Apple and upgraded to expedite shipping. I then received another order change confirmation email which reflected the expedite shipping (although the email still said 7-10 days available to ship). Did this "order change" put me further back in the queue as if I placed the order 2 hours later? Does anyone know? Thanks!

2. KaijuRed macrumors regular

yes.

3. wchangch thread starter macrumors member

I guess the only thing I've got going for me was that the confirmation email still confirmed 7-10 days. Had I placed my order at 2am PT it would have gone to "October" available to ship...

4. Velin macrumors 65816

Velin

Yes.

The first rule of Apple launch order -- make no changes to order.

The second rule of Apple launch order -- make no changes to order.

The third rule of Apple launch order -- make no changes to order.

5. Lucille Carter macrumors 65816

What is more sad is paying the extra for expedited shipping will get you phone no faster. I ordered two with one having faster shipping and they will both arrive today

I would leave your order alone.

6. sdsvtdriver macrumors 65816

No. I called and changed my shipping address and they upgraded to expedited shipping. Still was in 1-3 day window and it is arriving a day earlier than originally stated.

7. sparkhill macrumors regular

At least for me, upgrading shipping caused no delays. But it did not speed things up either.

8. steve-p macrumors 68000

steve-p

The first rule is surely don't ever add anything to the order except the device. Sometimes the shipment can be held up because of waiting on a case or other accessory. Also, it takes longer to place the order when you are racing with a zillion other people to get the first available slot.

9. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

I made a change to launch order. I removed AppleCare+ and I changed the shipping address. Still shipped on time.

Oh and this order had two iPhones 5s's of different colors in it. I needed them to ship to different people.