Does my iphone5 has a problem ??

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jigsb007, Oct 22, 2012.

1. jigsb007 macrumors 6502

:confused:hello all,

i have recently notice that if i am listing music/video using head phone ( non - apple, but good quality) and if i receive a phone call, i could talk/listen using the headphone. but if i pull out the jack, and try to talk on phone i dont get voice and caller dont get my voice either.
    Now, while the call is connected, if i put the jack back i can listen and so call as well.

If i disconnect my call, and make a call without jack, i cant listen ring/voice and so on..

i tried 5 times, but all the time, it looks like iphone doesnt switch my jack to phone...may be after 15-20 min. it comes to normal..or if i reboot my iphone...

Do u guys think its a big issue and i sud get it replaced...

Thanks for the time..

2. tymaster50 macrumors 68030

tymaster50

I don't think it's that bad but if it bothers you that much then take it to the store

3. r2shyyou macrumors 68000

r2shyyou

Reading through the troubleshooting steps on this Apple support page, the following seem plausible for what's causing this:

3. While on the Home screen, adjust the volume buttons. If you see the icon below, indicating that headphones are attached, there may be debris or an object lodged in the headset jack:

[​IMG]

8. If you have paired with a Bluetooth headset that is nearby, either use the headset or turn Bluetooth off (choose Settings > General > Bluetooth).

4. silverf1re macrumors regular

It would be interesting to see if that is a software issue/bug or if its defective hardware. If other iPhone 5's do it there is not much you can do besides buy a different phone.

5. ritmomundo macrumors 68000

ritmomundo

Yes your phone has a problem. The phone part of the iPhone does not work. People are taking their phones back for tiny tiny scratches. You should definitely take it back and get a new one.