iPhone 11 Pro Does night mode only work with the wide lens and not the telephoto

mavis

macrumors 601
Jul 30, 2007
Tokyo, Japan
Wide and telephoto, but not ultra wide.
That's right - I just got home and was able to test it again. I guess it doesn't work with the ultra-wide lens because the aperture isn't big enough or something ... ? It's less sensitive than the other two lenses.

kirk.vino

macrumors regular
Oct 27, 2017
That's right - I just got home and was able to test it again. I guess it doesn't work with the ultra-wide lens because the aperture isn't big enough or something ... ? It's less sensitive than the other two lenses.
There’s no OIS on Ultra Wide. It means it would be difficult to achieve stable pics in Night Mode since the software stacks multiple images together.

mavis

macrumors 601
Jul 30, 2007
Tokyo, Japan
There’s no OIS on Ultra Wide. It means it would be difficult to achieve stable pics in Night Mode since the software stacks multiple images together.
Right, I completely forgot about that. I guess that'll probably be an iPhone 12S feature - OIS on the ultra-wide. I mean, next year they'll have 5G, bilateral charging, a redesign, etc. Gotta save some upgrade reasons for the "S" model, right?

Coffee_Time

macrumors 6502a
Nov 22, 2017
Worng. LG has night mode and works very well. IMO they are just trying to catch up in the ultra wide department.