Does Public Beta 3 work ok with Watch os3 ?

GC251114

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 28, 2015
As above guys.

I want to update to latest public beta 3 , but have no intention updating Watch to Os4 betas.

My question is , will the Watch still work ok ?

Cheers

Strang0r

macrumors member
Aug 5, 2012
As above guys.

I want to update to latest public beta 3 , but have no intention updating Watch to Os4 betas.

Cheers
My series 2 on 3.2.2 appears to be working fine so far with my 7+ on pb3. I haven’t noticed anything with the watch that hasn’t worked yet.

LuisFGodoy

macrumors newbie
Jul 27, 2017
As above guys.

Cheers

I'm using PB3 on my iPhone 6s and Watch OS 3.2.3 on my Apple Watch 1. Since PB1, I'm losing some notifications on Apple Watch, especially with Whatsapp messages.

csurfr

macrumors 68020
Dec 7, 2016
Seattle, WA
I had been running dev preview 4 with WatchOS 3 for a while. The only thing that didn’t work was the Music face complication. It wouldn’t show what was currently playing as it did in iOS 10, as Apple has switched to the “Now Playing” complication.

I’ve upgraded my watch recently to WatchOS 4 beta 4 (I think it is, yeah?) and everything seems fairly smooth. The one gripe I have about the beta is the watch face sometimes takes a second to turn on when raising your wrist. Other than that it’s smooth sailing.

All of that being said, you should be fine staying on WatchOS 3 should you continue to do so.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.