Does Siri frustrate you?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by sundog925, Sep 30, 2012.

1. sundog925, Sep 30, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2012

sundog925 macrumors 6502a

I find I'm getting a lot of "uh-oh's" and "Can you please try that again?"
    It's quite frustrating to say the least. I have to reset my phone to get it to work, especially asking her to play music.

Anyone else getting this? Wonder if it will get any better with those data centers being built.

On a new iPhone 5, iOS 6 with a verizon phone.

2. EggrollShop macrumors member

I know your pain lol. On my 4S and even on my 5 I've been having those issues. I pretty much just gave up an stopped using it all together.

3. bandofbrothers macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

which iphone are you using ?

What ios are you on ?

Where do you reside ?

If you supply a bit more information you may find more replies from similar owners which could create a pattern !

I currently use a iPhone 4s in the Uk on ios6 with none of the issues you state.

4. vastoholic macrumors 68000

vastoholic

I mostly use it for dictation while in my car, so obviously I end up repeating myself because she didn't hear me right the first time. Get's annoying definitely. I'm just hoping that over time, she will pick up my habits better and this won't be as big of a problem. Since I don't really user Siri to look up information hardly at all, I can't really comment on your exact problem. The times I have used it, it worked, but those are very few instances.

5. toondw macrumors 6502

To be honest, other than a initial go with siri on the 4s, I have never used it. Here in the UK its not that useful apparently, compared to the US.

6. sundog925 thread starter macrumors 6502a

added some info in the OP.

7. bandofbrothers macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

No so if you have updated to ios6.

8. matttye macrumors 601

Works fine about 95% of the time.

It has problems with numbers in album names and non-English words. I have a song called 'Gangnam style' that it refuses to play. It thinks I'm saying "Gangland style" and if I say it slowly, it figures out that I'm saying "Gang nam style" but still won't play it.

I use it when I'm driving, when I'm running or when I want to play music, as it's a lot quicker to say "Shuffle my favourites playlist" than to unlock the phone, open the music app and play it that way.

9. daviddth macrumors 6502a

daviddth

I get the typical errors about 40% of the time I try, so yes it is beginning to piss me right off. Might be about time Apple considered a few more datacenters through the world with processing ability for Siri commands

10. sundog925 thread starter macrumors 6502a

maybe since there are so many new activations, the data center is dealing with an onslaught of commands.