Does Siri seem faster?

coltman75

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 22, 2010
Just like the title says. All of a sudden, Siri has become much faster for me. Has anyone else seen this? Once I hear the beeps when I'm done talking, she responds almost immediately.

cyks

macrumors 68020
Jul 24, 2002
Westchester County, NY
I've noticed both good and bad days with it recently. I always figured that that's when they're either in the middle of mucking with the servers or had just finished.

QuarterSwede

macrumors G3
Oct 1, 2005
Colorado Springs, CO
Dictation is also very, very fast. I read the first two paragraphs of a fairly long patter song (Modern Major General) and it took maybe 1 second to think and then spit out the results (which were almost perfect). Usually it takes dictation at least a few seconds longer to do that many words.

nuckinfutz

macrumors 603
Jul 3, 2002
Middle Earth
This is good to hear.

I'm excited about upgrade my 4 to iwhatvertheywannacallit this fall and i'm pumped about using a more robust Siri

b166er

macrumors 68020
Apr 17, 2010
Philly
the past week or so it seems all around more stable for me. 100% of my request have worked as opposed to the usual 85 to 90%.

There have been days when it worked flawlessly, and there have been stretches where it was almost useless. I imagine it's all about whatever they are up to on the server end.

Here's to hoping Siri is out of beta soon and given some real integration! So much potential here.

KentuckyHouse

macrumors 68020
Jan 29, 2010
Lexington, KY.
Dictation is also very, very fast. I read the first two paragraphs of a fairly long patter song (Modern Major General) and it took maybe 1 second to think and then spit out the results (which were almost perfect). Usually it takes dictation at least a few seconds longer to do that many words.
This is where I've noticed the biggest difference is in the dictation. Siri has become really quick at typing out what I say. I'm loving it.

coltman75

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 22, 2010
the past week or so it seems all around more stable for me. 100% of my request have worked as opposed to the usual 85 to 90%.
I've noticed this as well. I've been using Siri to put stuff in my calendar. My old way of doing this would be to say something like "schedule work from 3 to 11 on Tuesday." and then I would go in and fix the times and stuff. Yesterday, I put in 5 calendar events with no mistakes. It was crazy fast and I was able to make a 10 minute ordeal turn into less than 2 minutes.

I also felt futuristic. Which was fun. :cool:

viewfly

macrumors 65816
May 1, 2009
Yes, it seems a lot faster and more accurate to me this week also.

Don't know what it all means.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.