Does Sports Band Pin + 15 inch MBP = Scratches?

DSTOFEL

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 11, 2011
I just picked up the 42mm Sport (Gold/Midnight Blue). Love it! I also have a 15 inch MBP Retina that I use for work. The palm area on this MBP is very deep and the "pin" of my Sports band naturally falls on this area. I just noticed this (i.e. as I haven't been getting much work done since I got the AW;--).

Just curious if anyone has had issues with scratches on the MBP surface from the AW pin? I'm trying to keep my left wrist lifted a bit for now....not a very comfortable way to work long term though.

JayLenochiniMac

macrumors G5
Nov 7, 2007
New Sanfrakota
I'm trying to keep my left wrist lifted a bit for now....not a very comfortable way to work long term though.
This is actually what proper typing technique requires you to do, keeping your wrists straight and the palms (and hence the watch) off anything below the keyboard. However, don't hover over the MBP when you're not actually typing. Just takes some time getting used to.

DSTOFEL

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 11, 2011
Rubbing ANY metal against your MacBook will eventually scratch it.
Well that's my thought too. However, just hoping to hear from those who own both to see if this has actually been an issue with the AW/MBP combo. I'd hate to find at the end of the day my MBP palm area covered with surface scratches from the AW pin.

I guess worse case, I could get something like the Moshi Palm Guard for my MBP.

Last edited:

DSTOFEL

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 11, 2011
There was another thread about the sport band damaging their laptop while typing.

No doubt it will damage the anodized surface.
Thanks....I searched before I posted but didn't see anything recent....but I'll take another look.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.