Does Sports Band Pin + 15 inch MBP = Scratches?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by DSTOFEL, Oct 9, 2015.

1. DSTOFEL macrumors 6502

I just picked up the 42mm Sport (Gold/Midnight Blue). Love it! I also have a 15 inch MBP Retina that I use for work. The palm area on this MBP is very deep and the "pin" of my Sports band naturally falls on this area. I just noticed this (i.e. as I haven't been getting much work done since I got the AW;--).

Just curious if anyone has had issues with scratches on the MBP surface from the AW pin? I'm trying to keep my left wrist lifted a bit for now....not a very comfortable way to work long term though.

2. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

This is actually what proper typing technique requires you to do, keeping your wrists straight and the palms (and hence the watch) off anything below the keyboard. However, don't hover over the MBP when you're not actually typing. Just takes some time getting used to.

3. Jessem1133 macrumors 6502

Rubbing ANY metal against your MacBook will eventually scratch it.

4. DSTOFEL, Oct 9, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2015

DSTOFEL thread starter macrumors 6502

Well that's my thought too. However, just hoping to hear from those who own both to see if this has actually been an issue with the AW/MBP combo. I'd hate to find at the end of the day my MBP palm area covered with surface scratches from the AW pin.

I guess worse case, I could get something like the Moshi Palm Guard for my MBP.

5. Newtons Apple macrumors G5

Newtons Apple

There was another thread about the sport band damaging their laptop while typing.

No doubt it will damage the anodized surface.

6. DSTOFEL thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks....I searched before I posted but didn't see anything recent....but I'll take another look.

7. Newtons Apple macrumors G5

Newtons Apple

I could not find it either:(

8. DSTOFEL thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks anyway....appreciate the info. I probably should look at getting someone like the Moshi Palmguard protector for the 15MBP to be on the safe side.