iPhone XS Does the 6S have a brighter display than the XS or is it just me?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by skadd, Nov 1, 2018.

1. skadd, Nov 1, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2018

skadd macrumors regular

I love my XS and its more natural calibration. One thing I’m a little worried about is the brightness compared to my 6S. When I set both phones on full brightness the XS is about 85-90% of the brightness of the 6S.

If this is the case for all XS’s I’m fine with it.

2. Caspavio macrumors regular

Caspavio

i dont have a xs, but lcd is generally brighter than oled, so i believe that will be the case for all xs

3. Deifie macrumors newbie

The iPhone 6s should reach about 550 nits, the XS about 660 nits, so the XS is brighter than the 6s.

4. Seth Matthews macrumors 6502

Seth Matthews

The XS is brighter. If you turn off Auto Brightness on the XS and wait a few seconds, the display will get super bright. Then, adjust the slider to the same as your 6s and you will see the difference.

5. MrGimper macrumors 603

MrGimper

Yep, I noticed this.

I think before (not sure how long before) you could never manually adjust the display to its peak brightness. Peak brightness was only reserved for auto-brightness and when it was specifically needed due to sunlight etc.

6. skadd thread starter macrumors regular

So full brightness is different depending on auto brightness is on or off? Huh, I didn't know that.
    Thanks for the heads up!

7. Seth Matthews macrumors 6502

Seth Matthews

Yes. If you really want to see how dramatic, turn Auto brightness on and then push the slider to full brightness. Now, turn Auto Brightness off and watch the screen...brightest iPhone screen ever. Caveat: if you leave it that way it will eat your battery like crazy.