Does the Anti-Glare Display On the 15/17 MBP Make an Eyestrain to You?

Anti-Glare display Eyestrain

• I don't have any eyestrain from the Anti-Glare display!

Votes: 21 87.5%
  • the Anti-Glare display causes me eyestrain.

Votes: 3 12.5%

• Total voters

macNewbie02

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 4, 2012
I can't see the AG display myself, so I would like to ask you: does it make your eyes strain?

azentropy

macrumors 68020
Jul 19, 2002
Surprise
For me The AG itself doesn't cause eyestrain as it is typically softer and it eliminates reflections which can really cause me issues. However Apple has moved to only offering AG on higher resolutions and higher DPI which can cause eyestrain.

Comment

thekev

macrumors 604
Aug 5, 2010
Reflections tend to mess with your eyes. It makes them try to focus on things other than the text. I've always found anti glare to be nicer in this regard. I don't know how anti-glare could give you a headache. Typically headaches come from excessive brightness levels being kicked back at you from bright emitted + reflected light. I'm aware that they're not totally additive.

Comment

dusk007

macrumors 68040
Dec 5, 2009
Weir question. People buy AG so they don't have to suffer eye strain.
As far as HD the higher res goes. People should learn that you can zoom any content. As far as menus and buttons go they are usually not too small unless one has mouse accuracy problems and/or badly corrected eye sight.

Comment

teksurv

macrumors regular
May 25, 2008
San Diego, CA
I love the AG display! The Glossy/Glass panel displays hurt my eyes over time. Also as mentioned above if the high resolution causes eye strain, consider zooming in text.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.