Does the Anti-Glare Display On the 15/17 MBP Make an Eyestrain to You?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by macNewbie02, May 26, 2012.

?

Anti-Glare display Eyestrain

1. I don't have any eyestrain from the Anti-Glare display!

21 vote(s)
    87.5%
  2. the Anti-Glare display causes me eyestrain.

3 vote(s)
    12.5%
  1. macNewbie02 macrumors regular

I can't see the AG display myself, so I would like to ask you: does it make your eyes strain?

2. azentropy macrumors 68000

azentropy

For me The AG itself doesn't cause eyestrain as it is typically softer and it eliminates reflections which can really cause me issues. However Apple has moved to only offering AG on higher resolutions and higher DPI which can cause eyestrain.

3. MR.BUTTON macrumors member

AG screens are great. they offer higher resolution and of course, AG. the intriguing thing is, my experience tells me that AG actually reduce eyestrain.:eek:

4. thekev macrumors 604

thekev

Reflections tend to mess with your eyes. It makes them try to focus on things other than the text. I've always found anti glare to be nicer in this regard. I don't know how anti-glare could give you a headache. Typically headaches come from excessive brightness levels being kicked back at you from bright emitted + reflected light. I'm aware that they're not totally additive.

5. dusk007 macrumors 68040

dusk007

Weir question. People buy AG so they don't have to suffer eye strain.
    As far as HD the higher res goes. People should learn that you can zoom any content. As far as menus and buttons go they are usually not too small unless one has mouse accuracy problems and/or badly corrected eye sight.

6. teerexx52 macrumors 68000

teerexx52

7. teksurv macrumors regular

I love the AG display! The Glossy/Glass panel displays hurt my eyes over time. Also as mentioned above if the high resolution causes eye strain, consider zooming in text.

8. Mojo1 macrumors 65816