Does the Apple Store have floor models of the new Retina MBPs?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by tekksan, Jun 18, 2012.

1. tekksan macrumors regular

Does the Apple Store have floor models of the new Retina MBPs? I know they're selling fast but are they able to keep some on the floor for people to check out?

2. MercilessGunner macrumors newbie

Yes. The store in Austin, TX has at least four on the floor for people to look at.

3. jcpb macrumors 6502a

6 rMBPs, first table on the left of the store entrance at the Fairview Mall (Toronto) location.

4. Vulcan macrumors 65816

Vulcan

Yep, just saw a couple today. Now having them in-stock is a different question...

5. Vctr macrumors regular

The Apple Store I went to in Freehold, NJ had 6 display models and none in stock to sell :confused:

6. 628 macrumors regular

7. iLog.Genius macrumors 601

iLog.Genius

Yup. Some Apple Stores did not get allocations, only display models. Some stores have units for sale if you're lucky to find one.

8. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Your best bet is to call your local store to find out. Even if other posters report that their stores have them, that doesn't guarantee that all stores will. A quick phone call is the best way to confirm.

9. old-wiz macrumors G3

Burlington Ma Apple store has some. I was even able to find comparison - one 15" with retina right next to a 15" non-retina. Side by side, the retina looks great. However, the 15" non-retina is still an excellent machine.

10. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

Lenox in Atlanta has them as well
    I didn't inquire about stock as I am not in the market currently

Very happy with my 13" MBA, although the 8GB RAM and 512 Flashdrive are tempting on the MBA