Carrier Does the AT&T app show you may be eligible for a greater discount?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iphone5att64, Jan 7, 2016.

1. iphone5att64 macrumors 6502

Does the AT&T app show you may be eligible for a greater discount when your contract ends? My grandfathered unlimited plan I added to a corporate discount account does.

https://twitter.com/iphone5att64/status/685197251795402752

Did AT&T confirm with anyone on a corporate account that they will be eligible?

2. titans1127 macrumors 6502a

It has always said that in the past, nothing new. It will likely not say that after tomorrow.

Your responses were also rude as hell on Twitter.

3. Paco II macrumors 65816

This. OP went off the rails.

4. iphone5att64, Jan 8, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2016

iphone5att64 thread starter macrumors 6502

Nice try, AT&T rep. I decline to give information over DM. That's not rude.

They can't give straight answers and they can't work with the information provided.

I ask why does the app says I may be eligible for a greater discount. Simple answer is that the app is incorrect.

If it's incorrect and won't say that tomorrow, it's misleading and they can't admit it. They don't care if customers lose the discounts.

If it's correct, they misled me to believe I won't have a better discount later this year.

I call and they say the greater discount means I get to upgrade with Next and without a upgrade fee. That's not a greater discount.

I use the upgrade and message changes to this line may be eligible for an installment upgrade in 2017.

They had the correct messages in the system for the app. That shows I may have been eligible for the $450 discount this year.

We wouldn't have this discussion if AT&T was open about this instead of having news sites and forum posts investigating it.

5. titans1127 macrumors 6502a

Not an ATT rep but that doesn't matter anyway.

Every account/line has different upgrade eligibility based on how the line is set up.

Plain and simple though, if you're looking to do a 2 year after tomorrow(I forget if today is the last day or yesterday was) with ATT, it aint happening unless you are some big business. A regular IRU with a FAN isn't going to be enough to change that.

The "maybe" eligible has been worded that way for years on AT&T's site. Since there hasn't been any official change to that until tomorrow it isn't going to say any different. Likely a glitch in the system if they haven't started to roll out the new verbatim's to the site.

You want to know YOUR eligibility, call customer care and they will set you straight.

6. jetsam macrumors 6502

I thought today was the last day for subsidies, but, when I checked, my one out-of-contract line no longer had an option for a two year subsidized upgrade.

There are still places in the upgrade drill-down that make it sound like I still have a subsidized upgrade available. I'm sure that's just waiting for the web maintainers to update the web site verbiage.

7. iphone5att64 thread starter macrumors 6502

You should be a rep. That's the answer I wanted. If they can't find my eligibility, give me the general rules of eligibility.

The glitch in the system is misleading. People saving their upgrade will lose it.

8. titans1127 macrumors 6502a

I checked my account with both lines are on a 2 year, mine back in September and my moms which was 2 weeks ago and mine Just gives me my NEXT eligibility date and hers says she can only buy at full price. Honestly not sure what the site said before all this stuff went down as the last time I checked for eligibility was back when the 6S launched.

My Dads line which is on a different account by himself shows this for his eligibility. He has been out of contract for over a year now, the verbiage used is not what used to be shown in the past.

Screen Shot 2016-01-08 at 11.09.31 AM.png

I'm pretty sure in this case the 2 year references device such as tablets or mobile hotspots which can still be bought with a contract

9. geoff5093 macrumors 68020

geoff5093

They can't give that kind of answer when limited to the character limitation of tweets, hence why they wanted you to DM them. It's more private, and you aren't restricted by a character limit.

10. jetsam macrumors 6502

The web site is definitely in a state of flux right now. My wife's line is a year into contract, and used to show an option for a full price upgrade or a $200 reduced discount on a new iPhone. When you click through that now, you get a choice of a full price upgrade or a full price upgrade. Selecting the first full price upgrade option results in a page that says "No devices available."

11. iphone5att64 thread starter macrumors 6502

They wanted DM for my number which I declined yet asked for many times. Links, text in pictures and tweet storm were available to them. We'll see how their service improves with 10k.

12. geoff5093 macrumors 68020

geoff5093

They ask for your number to verify the information they tell you is correct.

13. iphone5att64 thread starter macrumors 6502

They don't need the number to tell me based on my account type as titans1127 did.

14. titans1127 macrumors 6502a

They definitely need to access the account to give you the proper information. Or else it just turns into a he said, she said kinda thing.

15. geoff5093 macrumors 68020

geoff5093

If you want the information to be accurate, yes they do. Otherwise it's just a best guess

16. iphone5att64 thread starter macrumors 6502

That's all I wanted and expected.

17. avanpelt macrumors 68030

If you're not comfortable providing a company's Twitter-based support team with a means of identifying who you are so they can pull up your account, you shouldn't be seeking support from said company on Twitter. Next time, just dial 611 and avoid the drama.

18. iphone5att64 thread starter macrumors 6502

Twitter isn't Facebook. I'd call them if I want to identify myself. Get over it. Poor Twitter support reps don't need you to defend them with off topic posts on MacRumors.