Does the bumper slide in and out of pocket easily?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by farmermac, Jul 2, 2010.

1. farmermac macrumors 6502a

Trying to figure out what the material is like on the bumper.

My wife has a silicone case and hates it (I hate it too)

I have a marware sportshell that I love. Slides in and out of pocket easily.

How would you describe the outer shell of the bumper?

I've heard it be called a rubber band but i hope its not made of actual rubber or silicone.

No apple stores nearby to go see in person

2. glen e macrumors 68030

Yes-slides easily

3. jlblodgett macrumors 6502a

The Bumper is most definitely made of rubber, and molded plastic.

As for whether it slides in and out of the pocket easily -- I would say it depends on the pocket.

I am wearing jeans today. It does not slide in and out of my jeans easily. (Maybe my jeans are just too tight!)

4. tekchic macrumors 65816

tekchic

Slides easily out of shorts and jeans for me. It's rubber, but it's not that tacky rubber like most of those silicone cases that pick up fuzz and get stuck trying to come out of your pocket.

It's more of a smooth-molded plastic feel on the outside. My back pocket is where my iPhone is for doing chores or walking the dog, and it slides in/out fine. I don't wear super tight pants though. :cool:

5. christyn macrumors 6502a

Agree with above comments. It's got more of a plastic feel to it, slides out of most pants pretty easy... assuming you're not wearing skinny jeans.

6. Nykwil macrumors 65816

Nykwil

dammit! :mad:

7. joneill55 macrumors 6502

Slides easily into and out of dress slacks, shorts and casual Khakis. Great case, I like it a lot. Will see what other option evolve in the near future (Vaja or Power Support Air Jackets) but for know, works great.

8. offcamber macrumors 6502

offcamber

Bumper combo of rubber and hard plastic does allow for sliding in and out of pocket with a touch of resistance.

9. zeeflyboy macrumors regular

If my pocket is empty it slides out well enough but if I have something else in there (eg receipts, piece of paper etc) then the contents of my pocket get dragged out with it.

The slight increase in resistance isn't all bad though - makes it less likely to fall out on it's own - a trick the 3G loved doing when I got in my car.