Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

StrangeMagic66

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 19, 2013
I took my macbook pro to the Genius bar as the video card was failing and my wifi was problematic. The genius was great, he not only said he'd repair the logic board but made other "proposed resolutions" because there are minor issues with the display and the keyboard. He said they may even give me a new one.

I'm wondering if the Genius' "proposed resolution" is usually what the outcome tends to be or if someone in the repair center can override the genius's notes.

youradhere4222

macrumors 6502
Dec 16, 2007
I took my macbook pro to the Genius bar as the video card was failing and my wifi was problematic. The genius was great, he not only said he'd repair the logic board but made other "proposed resolutions" because there are minor issues with the display and the keyboard. He said they may even give me a new one.

I'm wondering if the Genius' "proposed resolution" is usually what the outcome tends to be or if someone in the repair center can override the genius's notes.
The repair center has the ability to requote you. If you're in warranty there's not much to worry about unless signs of accidental damage are found.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
or if someone in the repair center can override the genius's notes.
Its possible, though I don't know if it happens all the time, but yes the individual doing the actual work can override what the genius thought was wrong because he sees exactly the issue and what it will take to repair.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.