does the higher education 3year warranty apply to the cinema display aswell?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by sab150, Oct 17, 2009.

1. sab150 macrumors regular

does the 3year warranty apply to the cinema display aswell?

i bought macbook pro, cinema display and time capsule plus afew other bits on higher education discount and bought apple care for around £50 to cover the macbook pro and cinema display for 3years

they did not make it clear that i would not need this as it is already covered!

2. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

3. pukifloyd macrumors 6502a

pukifloyd

i don't think it does as it says here you'll have to buy a separate one for the display...not sure though...can anyone confirm this?

4. JoeG4 macrumors 68030

JoeG4

"The AppleCare Protection Plan covers your Mac, as well as an AirPort Extreme Card, an AirPort Express or AirPort Extreme Base Station, Time Capsule, MacBook Air SuperDrive, and Apple RAM used with your Mac. Mac mini, Mac Pro, and MacBook Pro customers may also register one Apple display for coverage, provided that the Mac and the display are purchased together."

Both the Time Capsule and Cinema display are covered so long as you bought them on the same receipt!

5. pukifloyd macrumors 6502a

pukifloyd

thanks for clarifying...this is good...time capsule is covered..that's awesome

i wonder why they are selling apple care for the display separately...maybe for someone who buys the display later...

6. sab150 thread starter macrumors regular

hey thanks for the replys, still abit confused though!

is the screen covered (its on the same reciept as my macbook pro) under the three year higher education warranty..

..and what about time capsule?

they diddnt mention this to me at the time that they had 3years cover so obviously i opted for the apple care package aswell

7. sab150 thread starter macrumors regular

forgot to mention im in the uk and bought instore

8. MacKiddyWiddy macrumors 6502

9. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

The Higher Education warranty is not available in the U.S., it is in Australia, basically the commonwealth if I recall correctly. Anyways, I believe the screen is, not sure about the Time Capsule, I'd just call Apple Care.

10. calderone macrumors 68040

calderone

Any Airport is covered as long as you also have a Mac in warranty as well.

11. sab150 thread starter macrumors regular

hey thanks everyone! whats the chance of me getting a refund as they sold me something i dont need?? i know its only £50 but that could buy my new keyboard/mouse!