Does the iPhone have better predictive text than the iPad?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jojoba, Jun 17, 2012.

1. jojoba macrumors 68000

I love my iPad but the only thing I think is really poor compared to the android phones I've had is predictive text. Is it better on the iPhone?

2. barredfreak macrumors 6502

I should think that the iPad and the iPhone have the same predictive text, seeing as they are basically running the same OS. Then again, I could be wrong.

However, I have both an iPad and an iPhone, and I think that the predictive text is as good on the iPad as on the iPhone.

3. Confuzzzed macrumors 68000

Confuzzzed

It's supposed to 'learn' as you go along so worth persevering. It seems better on my iPhone than it was 8 months ago but maybe it's me learning how to pronounce things better as I have a thick continental European accent in English

4. thewitt macrumors 68020

thewitt

They run the same software, however each device has to learn how to correct you on its own...

5. onthecouchagain macrumors 604

onthecouchagain

They're both equally inadequate. But the iPad's larger screen helps.

The iOS keyboard is in desperate need of upgrading. It'd be glorious if they could give the option of Swype on it too.

6. cynics macrumors G3

Both equally terrible. I found clearing out the dictionary every once in a while helps a lot.

They way it learns to spell words wrong is terrible. And I don't know how many times I have to spell out "iOS" before it stops autocorrecting it to "ups"

7. jojoba thread starter macrumors 68000

Thanks, everyone.

Unfortunately, my perspective on my iPad keyboard is in line with the last two posters, and it's putting me off switching from my android to iPhone. I use SwiftKey on my android and the predictive text is incredible. I don't really understand why something similar is lacking on the iPhone, since Apple generally makes such high quality products :confused: Oh well, maybe with the iPhone5...