Does the IUP give option of having phone shipped to you?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by vtboyarc, Oct 19, 2017.

1. vtboyarc macrumors 6502a

vtboyarc

For those of you who are part of the iPhone upgrade program, and did the upgrade to the 8 with the Apple Store App, did it give you the option to have the new phone delivered to you, and then you mail your old phone back? Or did you have to set up a time at an Apple Store?
    If the latter, did it give you an option of more than one day to pick up the phone? I ask because I literally am moving to a new place on the 3rd, and would like to have the phone shipped to me, since it is going to be a busy day for me and hard to go to the Apple store :D

2. macrumorsperson Suspended

Yes, as long as you are not on TMobile. My mom did it with the 8 and she recieved a pre-paid shipping box a few days after getting her 8 to send her 7 back in.

3. vtboyarc thread starter macrumors 6502a

vtboyarc

Awesome! I have Verizon.
    Do they send you a return box for the old phone when they ship you the new phone?
    So I guess all the IUP loan approval happens now via self service in the app, that is nice.

4. macrumorsperson Suspended

Correct and correct, it all happens automatically and the return box is sent to the shipping address of your iPhone automatically, took about a week to arrive after the phone.

5. vtboyarc thread starter macrumors 6502a

vtboyarc

That is so awesome!! Hoping to pre-order right at 12:01 (2:01am for me) and hopefully get it delivered on the 3rd :D