Does the logo on the powerbook light up like the iBook when the lcd screen is on?

Microwave

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 4, 2005
Does the logo on the powerbook light up like the iBook when the lcd screen is on? well does it?

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
I'm pretty sure any major difference we see in the Apple logos is because of the different colour of the rest of the back of the screen (aluminium versus white) and its contrast with the white logo. :)

Comment

Chundles

macrumors G4
Jul 4, 2005
Yeah fair cop Mad Jew, just always thought the PowerBook ones looked a cooler blue shade.

Comment

schatten

macrumors member
Sep 17, 2003
Cleveland, OH, USA
It's just a window.

The Apple logo isn't really anything more than a window to the backlight on the LCD. But... yeah; it lights up whenever the LCD is on.

Comment

iEdd

macrumors 68000
Aug 8, 2005
schatten said:
The Apple logo isn't really anything more than a window to the backlight on the LCD. But... yeah; it lights up whenever the LCD is on.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but TFTs used on laptops generate their own light and shouldn't be backlit.

Comment

matticus008

macrumors 68040
Jan 16, 2005
Bay Area, CA
epepper9 said:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but TFTs used on laptops generate their own light and shouldn't be backlit.
Consider yourself corrected :). All TFTs must be backlit. The only notebooks to lack a backlight are the old passive LCDs, from the early 90s. The backlight is just very compact on notebooks.

Comment

matticus008

macrumors 68040
Jan 16, 2005
Bay Area, CA
matticus008 said:
Consider yourself corrected :). All TFTs must be backlit. The only notebooks to lack a backlight are the old passive LCDs, from the early 90s. The backlight is just very compact on notebooks.
Actually, I lied. Those were backlit, too.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.