Does the new EasyPay feature work with Paypal?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by applefan289, Nov 10, 2011.

1. applefan289 macrumors 68000

I currently have Paypal as my iTunes account payment method. I would like to know if the Apple Store app works with Paypal (meaning if it feeds from the iTunes payment method). If not, will I have to input my credit card information at the Apple store?

2. verwon macrumors 68030

verwon

Why don't you just get the PayPal debit card? It works as a MasterCard.

3. abijnk macrumors 68040

abijnk

It does charge through the iTunes account.

However, I've not seen any specific information regarding PayPal vs. Cedit Cards. I know in the screenshots from the app it specifically calls out credit cards in the instructions, and that it prompt for the security code on the card, but not having used it myself I'm not entirely certain if that means PayPal linked accounts are SOL.

4. applefan289 thread starter macrumors 68000

Main reason I'm asking is because I'd rather not input credit card info on open Apple Store wi-fi. Just a security caution.

5. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

1) I'm pretty sure your connection to the payment service is encrypted even is the WiFi isn't;
    2) You're adding to your iTunes account, so whatever account is attached to iTunes (be it PayPal or a Credit Card), it shoudn't matter;
    3) If you're concerned about adding your information, what's the difference between adding your CC information and adding your PayPal information? The last time I checked my CC has better fraud protection, lets me dispute charges, etc. PayPal just bans people instead without resolving the issue most of the time;
    4) If you're uncomfortable still, I think the best way is to forget online shopping altogether. Seriously I've my information leak on just about every site I'm on due to some "hack" or whatnot.