Does the new iPhone screen resolution mean converting all of my videos to a new resol

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iMerlin, Jun 14, 2010.

1. iMerlin macrumors 6502a

iMerlin

Just as the subject line says, does this mean Ill have to develop a new preset in Handbrake? :D Or, will it be capable of scaling down if I have some 720p or 1080p movies already ready to go?

Looks like I got me some videos to convert yo!!

2. danpass macrumors 68020

danpass

Would be nice to have that option in the iPhone version of Airvideo, 640x480 is the max while the iPad version goes up to 1024x768.

Hey Airvideo! Sometimes I want to set up an iPad conversion size using my iPhone :p

3. thelatinist macrumors 603

thelatinist

According to the technical specifications, this will depend on what codec you are using to encode your video. It can handle H.264 up to 720p, other MPEG-4 codecs up to 640x480, and M-JPEG (a video capture codec used by some cameras) up to 1280x720.

The details:

4. iMerlin thread starter macrumors 6502a

iMerlin

Wow, thanks for doing the leg work! I shouldve checked there myself!

This is good news to most Apple TV fans, isnt it. I think thats the same codec and resolution combo that APTV needs to run. Im hoping this means I can start converting to ONE video for all my devices!

5. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

According to those specs, the iPhone 4 will actually play higher calibar video than the Apple TV currently does!

This ceratinly leads credence to the theory that it will be updated soon.

I really don't care about HD video on my iPhone, but I'm super excited that I'll be able to have 1 file in iTunes that I can just use everywhere. Right now I have to have 2 versions of my movies...one for the Apple TV and 1 for the iPhone. Really annoying. I'll be glad when I can ditch the old iPhone versions.

6. iMerlin thread starter macrumors 6502a

iMerlin

I never even heard of this airvideo, good call. Im gonna check it out now.

7. iyrix macrumors newbie

Good info people,

Now i just need to get the right software to convert. Like was said above. One file for Ipad/Iphone etc would be nice.

Whats software good for converting to H.264?

Cheers