does the new macbook pro 13 make noises when it's getting ready to restart after

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by imeth, Sep 22, 2011.

1. imeth, Sep 22, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2011

imeth macrumors regular

an install of something? I just got another new macbook pro 13 yesterday.. I was updating the os lion, thunderbolt firmware etc.. the part where the computer did it's install and it shuts down then before starting back up it makes this weird loud noise.. then boots up fine but worried now.

2. mariot macrumors member

Lol yeah it is normal same thing happened to me . I freaked the first time but it happens every time you do an update I think.

3. Blondie :) macrumors 6502a

Blondie :)

It's fine. It will only make those beeping noises during firmware updates, and nothing else.

4. sweetbrat macrumors 65816

sweetbrat

What they said ^ Nothing to worry about.

5. imeth thread starter macrumors regular

yes that's what it was the loud beeping, it was the thunderbolt firmware or something that I had to install twice? was that normal for the first time it didn't install so I checked the software update again and it was that that needed to be install.. I also was worried because I had the usb connected to my iphone, I unplugged my iphone right at the moment when the screen was black and it made that buzzing noise.. whoooooo sahhhh

6. sweetbrat macrumors 65816

sweetbrat

I only had to install it once, so I can't really say anything about that. But the loud beep was perfectly normal. And I don't think having your phone connected would have caused any problems. As long as things are running ok, you should be fine. :)