Does the new Nano/Classic group albums by album artist yet?

Discussion in 'iPod' started by css1323, Sep 14, 2008.

1. css1323 macrumors regular

I've spent many hours trying to fix the duplicate artwork problem in iTunes 8. I realized that if I used the "album artist" field, it would dramatically cut down on the amount of duplicate album artwork.

So, after many hours of fixing over 13,000+ tracks of music, I decided to go ahead and re-transfer everything to my iPod Classic in hopes of fixing the problem on the iPod too. But when I went into Cover Flow mode, it was all the same.

It seems the Classic only organizes music the default way. Will this ever be fixed? Probably not, but hey, it was worth a shot!

My question is whether or not this is fixed in the new Nanos and 120GB Classics. Thankfully at least the iPhone and iPod Touch group albums by the album artist!

Example:

[​IMG]

2. css1323 thread starter macrumors regular

3. madmaxmedia macrumors 68030

I know what you're talking about, but I don't know the answer. ;)

I would like to know too. Album Artist should be a pretty nifty way of avoiding all those duplicate album covers in Cover Flow, if it worked in those models that is.

4. css1323 thread starter macrumors regular

I'd like to know because duplicate artwork is very annoying. :(

5. SebiH macrumors newbie

hey guys, got a solution:

simply mark the songs which you want to organise in one album in itunes, click on information and set "compilation" to "yes"
    that should do it!

Good luck ;)