Does the two per person rule apply to a combination of online and in store?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by macatak911, Mar 14, 2012.

1. macatak911 macrumors regular

Here's what I'm trying to do.

Already ordered two online for shipping in my name and my Apple ID, they will be here Friday.

Since then, the woman wants one too. Since I don't have school/work on Friday and she's working 7:30-3:30 I plan on going get one from the retail store.

Will I have any problems getting one more from Apple considering I already have two linked to my account? Can I just pay cash or something and disclose my Apple ID with the other two purchases on it?

2. deeddawg macrumors 604

Create an Apple ID

Do they even ask for / verify an Apple ID in-store on launch day?

I'd be very surprised if you had any issues; the logistics of validating street addresses against prior purchases seems like it'd really impede the process of getting people through the store.

Yet with the problems last year, who knows. It's a new day, anything might happen and it's unlikely you'd know for sure until getting reports from others in other timezones.

3. macatak911 thread starter macrumors regular

The main reason I'm concerned is every time I purchase something in store and use my CC all my info gets pulled up and they're like should we send the receipt to XXXXXX@me.com?

4. Sketchr macrumors 6502a

use a different card.

5. vincenz macrumors 601

vincenz

Well if last year was any indication, it's two per person per visit/day. Weren't all those scalpers lined up last year going back day after day?

6. ThatsMeRight macrumors 68020

I believe I read a story which told us that Apple allowed people to buy an iPad in cash. If that's the case, than it's practically impossible for someone to find out if you bought multiple iPads (unless you are going to the same store and to the same employee).

It's definitely possible to buy multiple iPads abroad (like in Germany or France), simply because in Europe you can usually pay in cash and you are not required to set-up the iPad in-store. ;)

7. OneMike macrumors 603

OneMike

I think you'll be ok.

As far as paying cash I believe you have to setup an apple account in store to do so.

8. macatak911 thread starter macrumors regular

Yeah it's what I will probably do. However, I really want to use my AMEX as I get the extra year warranty and 90 days accidental damage protection.

9. amro macrumors 6502

Not sure about that. Being a family of 3, I ordered two online. I called later that night and the operator said I could order the third one on a different card. Two days later, the order was cancelled without any notification to me.

Called back and was told I had to use a different name. Really pissed me off, since the lady, two days before, said it was ok. So I ended up having a friend buying my third one. At least they refunded me the cost of the two leather covers for the inconvenience.

10. Steelers7510 macrumors 6502

Steelers7510

Thats a lot of iPad for one man. Can I get you the number for apple productaholic anonymous? ;)

11. macatak911 thread starter macrumors regular

Will they sell me the third iPad? lol

12. Steelers7510 macrumors 6502

Steelers7510

Nope the crazy guy that always sat next to Bill in the meetings stole them all.