Does the Vapor case/bumper cover over the Noise reduction mic on the top

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Wrathwitch, Jul 18, 2010.

1. Wrathwitch macrumors 65816

I have been trying to get more photos of the Vapor as it looks sexxy as hell but I am concerned that it might cover over the second mic that is used for noise reduction.

Does anyone know if this is the fact? Anyone have this bumper and do you like it?

Thanks!

AHHHHh I can't edit the title... MOISE??? AHHHHH!!! I meant NOISE... /wrists

2. goobot macrumors 603

goobot

Bumper doesn't. And bumper is great. Ask a genius to look at one on a phone

3. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Spending 80 bucks for just a bumper seems crazy to me. So much money for a product that goes around the perimeter of the phone and that's it.

4. Wrathwitch thread starter macrumors 65816

I look at it as in investment... if (which I am planning on doing) one buys a phone outright, do you want to trust a 30.00 piece of rubber ring, which I have heard scratches around the outsides of the glass already) to guard it or something that is a bit more expensive, looks much better and protects from impact. What is 80.00 when you consider it an investment for 3-4 years hopefully.

5. Bloake macrumors 6502

Bloake

lol that didn't even answer the OP's question...

6. owmygulay macrumors member

They are still backordered. Nobody knows for sure if the case covers the mic. All the pics they have on the site are just artistic renders, not real photos.

7. Shockwave78 macrumors 65816

Shockwave78

What if you drop the vapor? Is the color mixed into the aluminum or is it painted on? I would guess the latter, and if thats true they will start looking really crapping once the scratches start showing up.

8. Bear Hunter macrumors 6502a

Bear Hunter

Nobody knows yet, but that's a good point and I bet it does cover it up.

9. Wrathwitch thread starter macrumors 65816

I have never dropped my phones ever. Had cell phones for 6-7 years now. I can only assume I will be as careful with this one as my others. However, I am a chick, and have access to hot pink nail polish ;) either that or ask for a replacement. :D

10. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

No offense, but I view spending 80 dollars for bumpers is a poor use of my funds when there are other cases that do a better job, i.e., protect the back for less.

I really believe its form over function in this case (pun intended) and there's no track record in that you're getting improved protection just because the consumer spent 80 bucks on a bumper.

Personally, I think the apple bumper is a poor option as well, in so far as protecting the phone

11. Wrathwitch thread starter macrumors 65816

all your words are true, the reason I am asking in this forum if anyone had one yet is that before I do spend the money, I would like to get all the facts.

12. interceptor47 macrumors member

Painted aluminum? It's anodized which means is won't wear off, ever.

13. Bear Hunter macrumors 6502a

Bear Hunter

That's not entirely true. Yes it is anodized and it is much more durable than paint, but it can still wear and scratch.

14. random person macrumors 6502a

There is now an actual photo of the Vapor on their site. It's the one that is all silver, just the frame.

You can see that they have allowed room for the second mike.

That said, none of us have seen one in the flesh yet. So we don't really know.

But you can call them and ask them -- or wait until some of us actually get ours!

15. BoleCailey macrumors member

My ar15 is military type III hard anodized and it still scratches fairly easily. It is tough, but dropping it or leaving keys in your pocket will scratch it. I want one, but I think they are going to get scratched all to hell pretty easily if you aren't careful. Also, the scratches usually show pretty badly. It also can wear off, using my gun as an example again, and I bet these aren't Type III anodized because type three can't be done in a whole lot of colors and typically are dull (almost like primer).

16. lorenwade macrumors 68000

lorenwade

Every time I try to view the silver version, it doesn't upload. I can't see it on IE and don't have other options on this computer. :(

17. troop231 macrumors 603

Lol weird, my friends told me that too when I sent them links to the pic, even on tinypic. It would only work on FB for them.