Does the white unibody macbook use the same display as the 13" mbp with more gamut?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by jjahshik32, Mar 3, 2010.

1. jjahshik32 macrumors 603

Sorry for posting two consecutive posts but I thought this one should be discussed separately.

But does anyone know if the white unibody macbooks use the same 60% more color gamut displays as the 13" mbps do?

2. Striker-UMB macrumors regular

The MacBook does share the same 13.3" LED backit display, but does not share the 60% colour gamut. Before I bought my MacBook I compared the two different models and I didn't notice a difference between the two displays. The colours on my MacBook are spectacular and flawless, the LED display really makes everything look very nice.

3. Pax macrumors 6502a

IIRC Apple doesn't say that the MB does not have a larger color gamut, it simply says that the MBP does. IIRC Apple is silent as to the color gamut in the MB.

Some of the MBs I've seen in store have the same LCD model number as my MBP:- 9C9E. So the display is the same at least in some cases.

And as you say, in store the displays look pretty identical to my non-expert eyes.

4. Alonzo84 macrumors 6502a

Alonzo84

While the MB page doesn't mention the 60% larger color gamut, the spec pages for both state the same thing; "13.3-inch (diagonal) LED-backlit glossy widescreen display with support for millions of colors". This leads me to believe they are the same. That and the displays have the same model number like you say, but who knows.

5. Pax macrumors 6502a

Apple seems to use panels from multiple suppliers. You can find out what panel you've got from the ColorSync utility.

There are numerous threads on here with people saying "OMG I've got the 9C** model LCD, it's blue/green/has lines, Apple ripped me off". These threads exist for both MB and MBP.

If you were interested you could collect some panel model numbers from these threads and compare MB and MBP model numbers. Do they all come from the same set?

I would be interested in the results if anyone can be bothered to do it & post the answers here. Obviously I can't be bothered to do it myself though :)

6. sml238 macrumors regular

sml238

yeah luckily i got the 9cbe model which is the non tinted one, also used in many mbps.

but the mbps still have more color gamut or whatever. i compared my macbook with my room mates mb, and his colors were diff looking. they almost looked to deep. my screen is much easier on the eyes. and still very bright vibrant and bold with good contrast..

7. peor macrumors newbie

How to check display

Hello everyone. I am new here and about to buy a used MacBook7,1 (Mid 2010).

Can you please advice me, how or where to check if the display is "good enough"?