Does this happen 2 u after u take a photo w/ the "tap 2 focus" feature?? SO ANNOYIN

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by VideoNewbie, Jun 23, 2009.

1. VideoNewbie macrumors 6502

Ok when i do videos there r no problems

however after i take a photo using the "tap 2 focus" feature, the shutter closes and is followed by an annoying high pitched whine. i know that ppl have complained of this high pitch whine coming out when they r filming videos... but what about immediately after taking photos?

if ur reading this thread can u try taking a photo and tell me if u hear any kind of high pitch noise right afterwards?

2. Que macrumors 6502

3. Ntombi macrumors 68030

Ntombi

Yes. I wrote in that thread that I hear it after taking a picture. It doesn't annoy me, because it only lasts for a couple of seconds and I only hear it in a quiet room.

4. VideoNewbie thread starter macrumors 6502

are u sure? listen closely....put it very close to ur ear. and are u in a very quiet room?

it would only make sense that this is affecting every1s phones since its most likely a software issue

5. Que macrumors 6502

ummm, yes i'm sure. in fact i'm 100% positive. it doesn't happen. i listened closely. there are no sounds in this room apart from my breathing and and a silent iphone 3g s that nearly deafened me when it made the shutter sound so close to my ear.

can i go now please?

6. superstrikertwo macrumors 65816

superstrikertwo

I hear a faint high pitch sound but it isn't loud enough for me to hear it without it right next to my ear.

7. SpaceKitty macrumors 68040

SpaceKitty

Why would you be putting it that close to your ear anyways?

8. wetrix macrumors 6502

wetrix

This is an established fault. If you are young/have excellent hearing, you will hear a high pitched noise after sounds played by the iPhone. As you age, your ability to hear this high pitch is lost.

9. sfinnerty macrumors newbie

Woot! At least one good thing about becoming an old geezer....:)

Fin

10. Ag-Ryan macrumors newbie

sometimes (probably about half the time) at night after i get a text (even if my phone is on silent) i will hear a high pitched buzz.

11. zacheryjensen macrumors 6502a

zacheryjensen

Certain sounds cause that to happen. It's a well known issue in the community. Not everyone can hear it and of course they assume if they can't hear something then it's not there. Rest assured, it happens. Generally any phone activity noise that ends with a higher frequency will cause it.

12. jclardy macrumors 68030

jclardy

I posted in the other thread that I couldn't hear it,but now that I dothe camera thing I can, although in a perfectly quiet room I have to hold the speaker up to my ear so it doesn't really bother me.

13. Shawn Parr macrumors regular

It's just the flash charging up for the next picture.

:p I keed, I keed.

14. Apple Ink macrumors 68000

Apple Ink

Wow... Is this a trend... DSLRs on your eyes and phones on your ears?!?

How should it bother anyone is truly beyond me!!

15. TSX macrumors 68030

TSX

16. gloss macrumors 601

gloss

It's also not a universal issue. I can hear clean up to 23khz and I don't get anything from the phone after taking photos.