Does this happen to anyone else?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by stimm32, Mar 11, 2013.

1. stimm32 macrumors newbie

I just unplugged my phone a little while ago and after checking email, twitter, etc. I looked up and noticed I am at 90% battery, after just a half-hour of use, and 15 minutes of that being standby time. So I get a half hour for every 11%? Sheesh. Has anyone had this kind of thing happen to them on an iPhone 5?

Attached Files:

2. Spink10 macrumors 601

Spink10

You can only get accurate results from a full cycle - keep using as normal and check it later today. If it continues there may be a problem.

3. blueroom macrumors 603

blueroom

Three bars or less of signal means the radio has turned up the gain to stay in contact. This will contribute to poor battery life. Is the phone warm to the touch?

4. tongmew macrumors newbie

Of course, this is normal. The phone should stay on approximately 7 hours give or take a few hours.

5. cynics macrumors G3

A agree with the above. Let it goto 1-5% and post back your usage.

Then let it die and charge it straight to 100% to calibrate the meter a bit.

Also, are you jail broken?

6. stimm32 thread starter macrumors newbie

Okay, here we are, several hours later. Thoughts?

Attached Files:

7. dictoresno macrumors 601

dictoresno

i bet there was just something funky going on that drained your battery quicker than normal. i would do a hard reboot and then charge again. you will probably see better times.

8. ParagJain macrumors 6502

skype by any change running in background or any app that you had opened is pulling the location for your phone. I could see the icon of location being used sometime ago on your phone.

9. takeshi74 macrumors 601

Read post 2 again. Sampling a short span of usage doesn't really provide any useful information.

10. smokescreen220 macrumors regular

smokescreen220

Using microsoft exchange mail on your device?

11. darricksailo macrumors 601

darricksailo

it's at 5% battery in that quote you quoted. how is that a short span of usage?

--------
    what firmware are you on? iOS 6.1 has a bug with exchange and just kills your battery. If you use exchange and are on iOS 6.1, it would be best if you upgrade to iOS 6.1.2

if you are willing to return your iphone for a new one if that was possible, i would suggest trying to restore and if the battery life is still the same; try restoring again but this time, start anew. Don't restore from your backup

Looking at the pictures, it seems your GPS is being used. GPS really saps up battery. You could go into location services and disable GPS for the apps that you don't need for it.

12. Auxo macrumors 6502

That's normal. Happened to me countless of times.