Does Verizon give early upgrades?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by gravytrain84, Nov 25, 2012.

1. gravytrain84 macrumors 6502a

gravytrain84

My upgrade isn't until the middle of January, is there any way around waiting until then? My 4S has had it. Thanks in advance for any tips :D:apple::D

2. sillywabbit macrumors 6502a

Wait for iPhone 5s (coming earlier than expected) and then make fun of those who have the iPhone 5.

3. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

And you know this how? They'll look the same as it's a S type update. Not that it matters to those of us who upgrade yearly.

4. Jtludwig macrumors 6502

They do offer early upgrades, but they normally exclude iPhones.

5. sillywabbit macrumors 6502a

Actually, I don't however, there were "rumors" of the 5s coming out in Summer 2013. Also, there were initial production runs of 5s in Dec 2012, and full production to start in early 2013 to avoid the same supply problem we had with the 5.

That rumor above actually ticks me off (I have the i5), as I do not upgrade every year.

6. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

I meant how do you know to make fun of those with the iP5 as they'll most likely look exactly the same being a S-type update (like the 4 and 4S).

7. AutoUnion39 macrumors 601

AutoUnion39

Probably not. AT&T seems to have become more open about it. I've been able to upgrade like clockwork every 6 months for a while now.

8. tymaster50 macrumors 68030

tymaster50

Calm down man it's a phone. Who cares if you have a 5 or a 5S. It'll look exactly the same

9. Anygivensunday macrumors newbie

Yes they do give early upgrades but u can't use the early upgrade on iPhone 5 if that's your plan. My phone was on its last leg offered me an early upgrade to anything but the 5 (a lot of other people have stated this as well ) so I bought the 4s just to get rid of the phone I had and just added a line to my plan when I was able to find a 5 in stores.

10. sillywabbit macrumors 6502a

I don't know what the 5s will look like, but I know that this was the last iPhone Steve Jobs was involved with and give his approval.

With Tim Cook at the helm, we "may be" more innovative this time with items coming out of Apple. Look how fast the iPad 3 was refreshed (or is it called the iPad 4 - i dont know). The iPad mini where Steve Jobs said "no" to, actually released and selling "ok". A new iPad mini etina is already coming to replace that and well as ANOTHER refreshed/new iPad coming. I do not have proof, just an opinion.

I know Apple is known for "catching up" with its competitors, and Apple's competitors are known for "innovation". Example: Two (2) years for Apple to have LTE.

The competitor's phones now are quad core and moving up in screen size and 1080p, etc. This iPhone 5 should have been a quad core (but the one we have now is not so bad).

I just have a feeling that the next iphone 5s will have more than just a refresh.

Bottom line: I think Tim Cook will be more "innovative" rather than play catch up.

11. sulpfiction macrumors 68030

sulpfiction

5S isn't going to be that big of an upgrade to justify making fun of anybody.

12. PacificRimJob macrumors newbie

I had to wait a decent amount of time, I know it was prior to the 2 years but it was at least 1 1/2 years before I was eligible.

13. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

Wishful thinking at best. iPad 4 still looks the same. They'll most likely follow the same pattern of retaining the same design and still selling an assload of them every other year.

14. SpyderBite macrumors 65816

SpyderBite

What does the iPhone 5 do that you can't do on your 4s? Forget the bigger screen, faster CPU you'll never notice, etc.

If you just want a new phone; then no, you probably have a very slim chance of convincing a VZW rep to bump your upgrade 2 months.

15. Anygivensunday macrumors newbie

It's the fact that it has a bigger screen and faster is always better. The screen alone is a big enough difference. I bought the 4s and the 5 a week apart. The feature that separates the 5 from previous versions is lte can't get that on a 4s but lte for me in my area is around 30 Mbps but I didn't switch for that reason. The screen entices me my wifi blows lte out the water but for most that's a big reason as well.