Does wearing an Apple Watch cause you intimidation? (Gun discussion spin-off thread)

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by DadBod630, Dec 10, 2015.

1. DadBod630, Dec 10, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 20, 2015

DadBod630 macrumors regular

2. appledrone macrumors regular

You take a Glock to school?

3. LoveToMacRumors macrumors 68000

LoveToMacRumors

4. RichardF, Dec 12, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2015

RichardF macrumors 6502a

RichardF

Is a Apple Watch + what are you carrying today photo thread against forum rules? :)

Here is a beautiful Instagram account for those who like this sort of things: @tamfamgram

Attached Files:

5. testcard macrumors 68020

testcard

6. DadBod630 thread starter macrumors regular

Nice. Keep one in the chamber in case you encounter an armed thug at the local Louis Vuitton or Burberry that needs to be taken out.

7. Wando64 macrumors 6502

In my book, even thinking of shooting someone for a watch is insane, whether your intention is to steal it or to stop it being stolen.

8. DougFNJ macrumors 6502a

DougFNJ

In my book, having someone be just as scared of robbing me with the uncertainty that I may have the ability to defend myself as I could be of being robbed equals a more level playing field. Unfortunately in my state where would be thieves could have pretty good certainty that I am not carrying because it's against the law.

To me, running the risk of approaching someone you don't know with the specific mission taking that strangers valuables not knowing what the potential outcome and reaction can be is insane. Defending yourself not knowing what else that thief is capable of doing should be within everybody's rights and to me is perfectly sane and reasonable.

9. Xenden macrumors regular

Taking a gun to school, assuming college, is beyond reckless and most likely against school policy. Whenever i see a civilian with a gun, it makes me very nervous. I don't know them, nor do I know their state of mind. I have to assume anyone who is carrying a gun may do untowarded things with it. I know it's a constitutional right. I just don't know why one has to exercise it at the cost of making others uncomfortable.

On topic: I wear my watch all the time, and have never thought about being mugged.

10. FieldingMellish Suspended

Is there a spike in stolen Apple watches? The phone is more conspicuous in my view, what with all the reading and texting-while-walking going on. One product that has prompted thefts and murder over is sneakers.

11. citizenzen macrumors 65816

Really? I'd just hand them the watch.

Nobody should get shot over a watch.

12. Technarchy macrumors 603

Technarchy

You assume they just want your watch. I wouldn't make that assumption.

13. citizenzen macrumors 65816

They probably want to rape you as well.

That's why you carry your Glock.

14. WarHeadz macrumors 6502a

WarHeadz

As someone who comes from your state, I'm glad you and everyone else is prevented from legally carrying. People should leave their life ending toys at home unless they're law enforcement and some other exceptions. This is one area I hope NJ never changes in. We don't take kindly to guns in these here parts.

15. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

Even if they don't have a gun? You just hand it over?

No wonder we have so many criminals if people make it that easy.

16. citizenzen macrumors 65816

That would depend.

Do they have a knife or other weapon? Is it one person, or a gang? Am I in a relatively safe location or not?

All these questions and more would come into play.

it's not as easy as you imagine.

17. steve knight Suspended

steve knight

but don't sit down to take a poop you will shoot yourself.

18. Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

From what I can see, sometimes, the armed thugs at the Louis Vuitton or Burberry store are usually the dinner-jackeded, bulked up, shaven-headed, bouncer, one of several staring around glowering menacingly at customers, let alone would be or wannabe robbers.

19. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

I don't have a watch of any kind, but I do carry my 1911 in .45 in condition 1 everywhere I can

20. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

I had no idea if this thread was seriously when I saw it, all I can say is there are some incredibly fearful and seemingly trigger happy members here.

Seriously? Itching to shoot someone over a watch? Pickpocketing is now grounds for shooting people?

21. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 603

I wear a Galaxy Gear 2 Neo, I get asked all the time if it's an Apple Watch. I say no, it's Samsung, conversation and possible robbery attempt over. :D

22. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

No amount of property is worth someone's life, that said don't go around mugging people and you should be safe , takes two to tango. The victim had no idea where the mugging will end

23. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

And most certainly not a first generation Apple Watch. Maybe in 3 years when those things get worth having sure.

24. Meister Suspended

Meister

Yupppyyy! Another gun thread!

And the usual posters still don't get that it's not about a watch or whatever else you are being robbed for ...

Again: If someone uses potentially deadly force to assault/rob you then you have the right to take countermeasures. This can include shooting and even killing the perpetrator.