Does your home button make a slight click sound?

bobright

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jun 29, 2010
It isn't one of those ugly loose home button creaky type of clicking noises but mine has a sight thump noise when I push it. It feels as its just really solid and stiff, does everybody else's feel this way?

Same with my volume buttons they require you to really push them with some force. I know my 4s has softer home and volume buttons they actually would rattle before a bit.

ijfry

macrumors newbie
Sep 22, 2012
It isn't one of those ugly loose home button creaky type of clicking noises but mine has a sight thump noise when I push it.

It feels as its just really solid and stiff, does everybody else's feel this way? Same with my volume buttons they are require you to really push them. I know my 4s has softer home and volume buttons they actually would rattle before a bit.
It's the new design and I find it has a better tactile feel.

jk4lebron23

macrumors 65816
Apr 6, 2010
Nashville,TN
It isn't one of those ugly loose home button creaky type of clicking noises but mine has a sight thump noise when I push it.

It feels as its just really solid and stiff, does everybody else's feel this way? Same with my volume buttons they are require you to really push them. I know my 4s has softer home and volume buttons they actually would rattle before a bit.
That's the way mine is and i LOVE it :D

Gathomblipoob

macrumors 601
Mar 18, 2009
Pretty much the same here. I don't mind the click, though. My 4S has a sleep button that clicks, and that button has been problem-free for as long as I've had it (almost a year).

bryann9182

macrumors regular
May 18, 2011
yup. mine is very much like this. Not sure if I like it so much as the soft click that my iphone 4 has, but oh well. time will tell

bushman4

macrumors 68030
Mar 22, 2011
Button has better feel. Whether the same problem arises as the 4 &4s remains to be seen.

robaroo

macrumors regular
Jun 30, 2010
Seattle, WA
it's a defect! TAKE IT BACK and demand to go through six or seven different iphones until you find a home button that makes a click sound you like. <end sarcasm>

TahoeDust

macrumors 6502
Jul 2, 2010
Haha. I thought I was the only one who would notice how nice the ip5 buttons feel. I was not sure if it was just because I was coming from a well used 27 month old ip4.

Brettka7

macrumors regular
Nov 5, 2011
It feels like a 2G home button and sounds like a 4S home button. Best of both worlds!