Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Does your iPhone 5 have any dead/stuck pixels?

• Yes

Votes: 12 18.2%
  • No

Votes: 54 81.8%

• Total voters

Radeon85

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 16, 2012
South Wales, UK
Received my white 64gb on the 21st Sep and the body is flawless, whiter screen than my 4S and perfectly even screen tint. But only yesterday I noticed a red stuck pixel :(

I have had the 3GS, 4 and 4S, every one has been flawless. Have booked and appointment with Apple and hopefully they will exchange it. I know it's very, very tiny but when browsing the web it's easy to see.

petes67bird

macrumors newbie
Oct 3, 2012
Illinois
Received my white 64gb on the 21st Sep and the body is flawless, whiter screen than my 4S and perfectly even screen tint. But only yesterday I noticed a red stuck pixel :(

I have had the 3GS, 4 and 4S, every one has been flawless. Have booked and appointment with Apple and hopefully they will exchange it. I know it's very, very tiny but when browsing the web it's easy to see.

I would keep exchanging until your happy. My phone is fine, but I had to change out my plasma 3 times because I noticed the same thing while running slides.

retinarob

macrumors regular
Jul 26, 2012
VA
I got mine yesterday and now have a green (when on black, red on white) stuck pixel lower right corner. It annoys the hell out of me. It kind of phases in and out after a color switch, but it's there. Right at the corner of my K key.

If I get it exchanged do I just count my wrapsol as a loss?

Ev0

macrumors newbie
Oct 2, 2012
UK
I have a black 64gb iphone 5, with no issues at all other than 1 dead pixel.

But it's in a very obvious place and it bugs the hell out of me.

Yesterday I went to the nearest apple store (40 miles away) to get it sorted.

When I got there, they looked at the screen and said it looks like dust and took the phone out the back to "try and remove it".

When they came back with it, they said no it's a dead pixel, and it needs to be replaced.

Turns out that just went on youtube and ran the stuck pixel fixer video for a couple of mins as they forgot to close the youtube app.

They didn't have any 64gb's in stock and they didn't have any screens either, so they ordered 1 for me.

Today I got a phone call, to say my new phone has arrived and I could go and collect it.

So I drove there again, they opened a white box, and took out this handset, it had 2 nasty scratches on it (which my phone doesn't have).

So I said I wasn't happy with that handset, they guy said fine, we haven't got anymore so will have to order you another 1.

I said i'm not being funny but by the time I get home that will be 160 miles i've driven for nothing, it wouldn't be so bad but the cost of fuel isn't cheap in the uk at the moment, and if I have to go back again thats another 80 miles round trip.

So I said can't you just swap the screens over, as I don't need a replacement handset, just the screen swapping for a good one.

They refused and said they can't do that, as they then can't exchange that handset with someone else that "wouldn't care about cosmetic damage".

I refused the handset and told them not to bother ordering me another, and rang applecare instead.

Waiting for a call back tomorrow now to see what they can do about it.

kuebby

macrumors 68000
Jan 18, 2007
MD
Yeah, I have a grey one right in the middle of my screen. I may stop by the Apple Store next time I pass it. I had forgotten about it but every time I notice it I can't stop noticing it for a while.

offcamber

macrumors 6502
Jun 30, 2007
USA
Build your own.

Had two scuffed phones and one with a single dead pixel but no scuffs.

Removed one good screen and put it on the good frame.

All good!

Radeon85

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 16, 2012
South Wales, UK
Quick update.

I went to the bar, showed the girl the dead pixel and a close up shot I took with a camera as it is tricky to see such a tiny pixel. She then went under the desk and brought out a replacement white 64gb, so far so good.

I checked it over quickly and the body is flawless and the screen is perfect, no dead pixels and an even white tint very close to my previous one.

Overall I'm very pleased :D

WhiteIphone5

macrumors 65816
May 27, 2011
Lima, Peru
Guys I just got my iPhone yesterday from Verizon store. I have a green stuck pixel on the bottom right screen. Who do I go to? Will there be no questions asked or will they say its "normal"

kuebby

macrumors 68000
Jan 18, 2007
MD
Guys I just got my iPhone yesterday from Verizon store. I have a green stuck pixel on the bottom right screen. Who do I go to? Will there be no questions asked or will they say its "normal"

Verizon won't do anything, they'll direct you to Apple.

Apple will replace it as long as you can point out the pixel to them.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.